15: What the fuc-

People fall in love. I fall into problems

A T H E N A    R O S E

Lord help me.

We got back yesterday night. My ass hurts from the long car ride, back is sore as fuck (not from fucking... don't you dare think about that).

Kylo dropped me off at my dorm before heading to their building.

But here I am. New day, same ass class with the same ass person who is sitting in my seat (my name isn't on it, we don't have assigned seats but my presence is all over that chair. Even the dude who sits next to me, looks at me and then her, mouthing sorry.) My day is over now.

Mood— annoyed. Are they wasting my time? Yes. Do I want to grab them by the roots of their hair and drag them out of my seat? Yes.

But can I? I can. But do I need to? No.

So now I sit in the row in front of them. In front of my seat. MY seat.

My bag hits the dirty floor. I unzip it to grab my laptop. My hand is halfway into the bag before that someone speaks up.

"Hey," she says. "Am I in your seat?" Yuri smiles.

I blow out a puff of air, turning my head ever so slowly. Could this day get any worse?

"Hi." Stay cool Thena, calm and collected. "My name isn't on it, so no, you didn't." I force a smile. Turning myself around, facing the front.

"Alright everyone, I know this is creative writing and you're supposed to be writing creatively. And I made you write about rhetorical communication." Ms. Tiffany? I forgot her name. Points her finger at the projector. "I needed to see how you guys could communicate, it was a one-time thing."

Her voice trails off as I go into my own world. Scrolling through canvas.

I look up again. "Today is an easy day, free to write some poems." She says. "Carry on."

Going to docs I pull up a fresh new document.

My phone buzzes.

Mom: Hey kiddo! I'll be flying out to see grandma, just wanted to let you know. Love you lots!

After texting her back. I refocus on the document.

"Who was that?"

"What the fuc-," I clear my throat. "What are you asking me?" Turning around I meet the most annoying person I've met today.

"I said, who was that?"

I blink, once, twice... "Why would you need to know?" I am absolutely fucking confused. Would I ask someone who I don't know, who the person they're texting is? No. "Yuri? Is that your name? Please just focus on whatever you're doing." My hands grip the table as I turn around.

I flip my phone around to face me again. Finding messages and typing away about what just had just happened to Azariah.

He replies saying he'll meet me in the quad.

Yuri continues typing (I guess). But class continues as normal, the clock ticking.

After I finish writing my poems, I close my laptop and put it away. The class ends as I do.

"Have a good rest of your day, you guys." Ms. Tiffany says from her seat at the front of the room.

Standing up I throw my bag strap over my shoulder. I turn to face the door, and the kid who normally sits next to me taps my shoulder.