27: Go Big Or Go Home

I can't get enough - Telekinesis

A T H E N A R O S E

"I'm sorry," I say, my head leaned against the couch as I stare at the ceiling. It's been an hour since he left- Kylo's dorm. "For breaking our group apart."

Kylo's eyes bulge out as he takes another sip, "Shut the fuck up." He says shaking his head, only to zip his mouth shut after Lina gives him the look. "You ain't done shit, what you did do was what you thought was best for yourself. Things happen. No one told us to date each other." He waves the hand holding the bottle.

Lina sighs, grabbing a chip and stuffing it in her mouth. "Kylo's right, babe. Don't beat yourself up over it." She takes a big gulp of water. "All of us weren't friends before the one summer. Like he said things happen. Don't be too harsh on yourself." Her hand lands on my shoulder rubbing it. And I think that's what sets off the tears.

I still stare at the ceiling, my lips slowly turning into a frown as I try and hold back my tears. The alcohol doesn't help.

"Uh-oh," Kylo says from the other side of the table. "Bear..."

Lina makes a shooing sound and waves him off. The pad of her thump starts wiping away at the stray tear.

"I just feel so bad," I say in a whisper, my voice wobbly. "I'm sorry."

A slap can be heard across the table. I lift my head up and see Kylo slapping his forehead. I lay my head back against the couch and slouch even further down.

"See?" I point toward Kylo. "I'm making everyone sad and mad."

"Jesus fucking Christ." Lina mutters while just sitting next to me. "Kylo, would you stop?" Lina tilts her head toward me when he looks up.

"Lay her on my bed." He sighs, getting up. "Time for bed."

In the next few minutes, I'm being dragged off the floor and toward Kylo's room.

"Are- you- even- holding her?" Kylo grunts. "Bear just let go! I can't do this with you, I gotta do it alone. You're dragging me down." He groans.

I feel Lina's shoulder come out from under me.

"Whatever you douche!" She whispers and yells. "I just wanted to help."

And then- I'm thrown on the bed.

I peek open my eyes and see both of them staring at me.

"You can sleep with her," he says kissing her goodnight. "I'll sleep on the couch."

After they say goodnight I hear the door shut. And the bed dips as Lina gets in.

"Go to bed," she sighs pulling the covers over her. "You've had a rough night."

I turn toward her. "I love you."

She sighs again. "I love you too, Rose."

"I love you."

"Love you." She mutters back.

"I love you, Lina."

"I love you too you bitch, now shut up and go to sleep." She whines.