17: Weakness

Good Parts (when the quality is bad but I am) - LE SSERAFIM

A Z A R I A H    D' A M O R E

"Isn't it obvious?"

"What do you mean?" I say, looking Athena straight in the face while she waves her arms around.

"Are you oblivious?" She says giving me an odd look.

I look at her like she's insane. "Yes? Because I still have no clue what you're trying to get at."

My lips perk up as I think hard. Today is like any other day, nothing out of the ordinary.

"What's today's date, Amore," Athena says firmly while applying her mascara.

"The eighteenth?" I raise my eyebrow. "I don't know, I didn't check."

After getting the silent treatment for being dumb, I pull out my phone and text Kylo. He knows the answer to everything.

Me: Hey Lo? What's the special occasion today? Thena is freaking out about today and I am clueless.

Lo-lo: Are you serious?

Me: You too?

Lo-lo: Dude your favorite best friend is moving to BH today, dumbass.

My mouth drops open, oh...

How could I forget? Fuck!

Me: Oh... I'll see you in a few...

Kylo leaves me on read.

"I assume you texted Ky?" I look up and meet her eyes. She leans against the dresser, closing the mascara shut. And setting it down behind her as she stares me down.

"Yeah," I laugh nervously. "It totally passed my mind." I throw my hands behind my head and lean against them as I lay on the bed.

She smiles and walks over to me. Crawling... I repeat crawling toward me. I bring my hands in front of me. And welcome her with open arms.

Athena lays on my chest as I wrap my arms around her small frame.

My right hand goes up to her hair, scratching her scalp, leaving her satisfied with a groan.

"I love when you do that." Her voice was muffled by my shirt.

A low chuckle leaves my mouth. "When is she coming?"

"In an hour, she said she's close."

As my hand mindlessly plays with her blonde and soft hair. My mind wonders elsewhere. Multitasking at its finest.

Some days I get so stressed that I feel nauseous and don't want to do anything. And then some days I don't.

I haven't told Athena about it because— honestly. I don't know. It just doesn't come out or there isn't the right time to say it.

When is there a right time to say, hey I feel so stressed that I'm nauseous now? Never.

When I'm on the court. Everything's fine. I feel the adrenaline rushing, my heart pounding against my chest. But once I'm off. I'm stressing like a mother fucker.

Athena abruptly gets up and shakes me out of my daze.

"My alarms going off! It's time!" She squeals. "Let's go!"

I get up with a smile on my face.

I feel like I'm hiding so much. And I feel so bad. Because I can't tell her. My lips are sealed. Yet I want to tell her everything.