06: Sour Grapes

Everything just feels so right.

A T H E N A    R O S E

This time you drive back home. Said you were in a good mood, and would drive.

I should call my mom. I haven't called her in awhile.

"It's around dinner time, so once we get home we'll eat and then we can walk down to the beach if you want too." Azariah says, one hand on the wheel the other leaning against the door while his hand brushes through his hair. "That sound alright to you?"

I hum in response, too tired to say anything.

We've been in Malibu for a day and it's already tiring. Hopefully we can rest. I don't even know if we'll go to the beach, I really don't feel like it.

On top of that I feel like he needs sleep. We already went into town. Did more driving and more walking. We'll have to leave soon too, meaning more driving and honestly it's never ending.

Or it just feels like it.

We pull into the driveway and park the car. Azariah walks around and opens my door. I smile at him as I get out.

"I'm going to put these in our room, I'll meet you in the living-room." I say, holding up the bags and walking towards our room.

"Sounds good." His voice getting quieter as I walk away.

Twisting the door knob I walk inside inhaling the wallflowers scent. Vanilla raspberry. Smells amazing. I open the closet and place my purse inside and place the soaps inside the bathroom.

I plop myself on the bed allowing it to eat me alive. Just kidding...

Closing my eyes I forget after a bit that I was supposed to be downstairs for dinner. Until I hear his voice.

"Yeah mom, I'll go get her." He says. "Give me a minute and we'll be down."

The door creaks this time. A wild Azariah stepping into the room, closing the door behind him. He runs from his spot and jumps next to me on the bed.

His fingers automatically going up to trace my face. My eyes closing at his touch. Azariah kisses my forehead, eyebrows, nose, and so on. Not missing a single place on my face. His lips catch mine, sucking and biting. Our breathes mixing together as my arms go around his neck.

Rough hands find my waist, they then slide under my shirt and feel the soft skin. They move to the hem of my shorts, playing with it.

He breaks our kiss: forehead leaning against mine as we lay on the bed.

"I would love to continue," he says, looking me straight in the eyes. Some would say this is awkward. But for me it's not. "But we gotta go eat. It's been a long day."

His hands leave their spot, leaving me to feel cold.

I playfully roll my eyes and get up. Fixing my bed head and taking his hand as he leads me out of the room and down the hall.

We enter the living-room to see grandma Mac sitting on the couch.

"Dinner is ready, I already ate. You know how I am."

I place my hands on her shoulder as I walk past.

At first I was super scared and nervous to meet Azariah's family. Because I thought I would mess everything up and ruin my chances of staying with him forever. I was scared that they wouldn't like me, you know? Theres always that thought that you can't get rid of.

But now I can't wait for the days we come over to see all of them. Because it brings me joy knowing that I have another family that loves and supports me. Knowing that I have other people who love me for who I am, gives me reassurance.