42: Love When You're Around

You're the coffee that I need in the morning. You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring - Best Part

A T H E N A R O S E

"Oh girl..." Lina covers her mouth with her hand as Kylo stands behind her eyes wide open. She doesn't move the phone. "Girl..."

"What?" Kylo said surprised. "You did what?"

"Hey- it's not my fault you walked in during this conversation." Lina looked over her shoulder and mean-mugged Kylo. "You came in at the wrong time so now you listen."

I've been sitting on the phone with Lina for about an hour and now Kylo has joined too.

It's been two days since the incident. And every time I remember, my cheeks start to heat up.

It's like high school all over again.

"I can't do this," I palm my face and hide in between my knees. "How do I face him again?"

"Dude you faced him when you were both-" Kylo shuts up the second Lina turns around and stares at him. He knows to stop talking when Lina gives him the eye.

"As I was saying," she turns around. "Live a little, you're already living it up. Do it some more." Lina shrugs.

"You guys have so much love for each other that there's no denying it. Just play the game."

Speaking of the devil his name pops up on my phone.

"Guys I gotta go, he's calling."

"Okay, talk soon Thena!" Lina says as Kylo waves.

I end the call and pick up his.

"Hey." Azariah says. "I want to cash in my coupon."

My eyes open wide at his words. I remember I put in a few coupons but never expected him to cash them in so soon. Okay, maybe I did. I only have two weeks here.

"Which one..." I say slowly, trying to remember which coupon he would want to use right now. "There's a few."

He clears his throat. "Spa day."

Memories rush through my mind as I remember that I did put that one in because of our spa days back in summer.

When Azariah would fight me to take a picture with Lina first.

A small smile dances across my lips.

"Do you want to come to my hotel?" I ask, getting up and grabbing the keys to my rental. I need to get some stuff. "I need to get some things first."

"Yeah that's fine, um, thank you."

"Don't thank me," I say. "Come around four?"

"You got it."

*****

I'm in the middle of placing the new skincare items on my dresser and grabbing the necessities I'll need when a knock comes on the door.

I straighten out my shirt and walk to the door checking the peephole and opening it when I see the same fluffy blonde hair.

"Hi," I say with a small smile while opening the door wider. "Come into the rose spa." I shut the door behind him. "Please take off your jacket and hang it right here." I point to the closet.

Azariah holds back a smile as he takes off his jacket and hangs it up.

"What brings you in today?" I usher him toward the end of the bed. Placing some items next to him.