28: Seasons - I miss you

You are my sea - wave to earth

A Z A R I A H D' A M O R E

The cold breeze of the airport hits my face, I drag my carry-on behind me as I exit the walkway and into the actual airport.

People trail right behind one another. I forgot what baggage claim I'm at so I just follow the people on my flight. Cheating the system.

My eyes zoom every and anywhere in the airport. I've never ever been to this airport so I'm taking everything in.

I watch as people eat at the restaurants or shop in the gift shops. Some people even just sit at a table and are on their laptops or are probably working.

I'm so lost. Internally and physically. I probably look like a lost puppy.

Finally making it to baggage claim seven, I see people from my flight and the name Beach Haven, California. I'm in the right place.

Slightly leaning on my carry-on, I wait for my two suitcases. Eyes follow each suitcase that passes by.

I quickly spot mine and walk right over and grab one and then the other.

Three luggages.

I find my way towards the exit and follow people  again. There are people with posters with people's names saying 'Welcome Sophia! Wrenton family!'

There won't be anyone here for me, the coach didn't say anything either.

I mind my own business with my headphones on until I see a huge group of people with tons of posters, basketballs drawn on them, and Princeton symbols.

My name is written across all the posters and it's connected by the group.

'WELCOME HOME TO THE TIGERS AZARIAH D'AMORE'

I stop in my tracks as people walk around me. My mouth dropped in shock and in embarrassment. I hate these things, drawing attention to me.

Grabbing my headphones I slide them down to my neck, letting them rest there.

An awkward smile dances across my lips as I make my way to them.

"Welcome Azariah," the guy says. "Did I say your name right?" He questions.

I shake his hand and laugh. "Yes, you did." I look around. "What's your name?"

"Cal!" He says. "I'll let you meet the others."

I nod. Taking in everyone who's cheering and excited.

"I didn't expect people to be waiting." I laugh nervously while shaking people's hands and talking.

"It's a surprise duh." One guy says. "My name is Julian."

"Azariah."

"Oh, we know man." He grins. "Everyone's watched your highlights, you're amazing, like legit so fucking fire."

"Thank you, seriously," I say genuinely happy. "You've made my late transfer a little better."

Julian shakes my hand again and pulls me in for a hug. "No wonder you were co-captain." He lets go. "Promise you'll enjoy your time here, we're so excited to have you." Julian smiles.

I return the smile and continue getting to know the entire team.

You're so overwhelmed, dude.

One dude stands outside of everyone, arms crossed and waiting for my greetings to be done, I already assume who he is.