CHAPTER 19: not-NORMAL DAY

"I think that was all from you kids." Rowl piped in to fill the silence, " Now the question thatyou all didn't ask is my full name."I quizically raised one of my eyebrows, his full name? Now that he says it we don't evenknow if Rowl is his real name or not.

Rowl took the black marker pen and wrote his name in big caps on the before clean whiteboard.

"ROWL V AUDREL"

"V? Gasp! He is too from the V clan? Like mom?" Mummers once again rose in the room."Now Now don't be too hasty to assume! I know that you know how the V clan was mass eliminated irrespective of gender and age, so how am I still alive? Let me assure you I'mfrom V clan but an exception. I worked for the government while the whole V clan thing wasto oppose them, therefore here I am healthy and alive." He exclaimed, spreading his armswide.

So did he betray his clan? It was the only question on my lips but none dared to ask."Hmmm?" Rowl raised one of his eyebrows.

"What is this silence? You all have no questions regarding the biggest revelation till date? Hmmm?" He smirked knowingly.

"I guess he is either lying or this is some trick." Zach whispered."Huh? How?" Goma questioned.

"V clans' eyes are supposed to be red like Rika and her mom and you cannot hide your eyecolour through Illusions, because eyes are one of their sources for Life Force itself." Zachexplained whispering. I guess he is correct then how come he is making this dangerousexclamation?

TRANNG

The bell rang dismissing the class.As we walked out of the class we saw one rare blue blazer among all black ones, it wasKeren sigh I felt so much relief that I almost cried. I ran and went for a hug."Wow this is the first time you've been this clingy. Was transferring here so scary?" Kerenasked warmly, reciprocating my hug.

"Haha you wish I'm finally free from you." I retorted.Our conversation is so much more than words. It is the smiles, the gentle shrugs and thelight in our eyes. That we are both elevated by each other's presence is obvious and eventhe silences are comfortable. They are moments to savour the company of the other and feelthat sense of peace that comes from feeling loved and protected, within the arms offriendship.

We went into our respective next classes. The first half of the day went by in a daze andthankfully my classes were either with Goma or Zach so I didn't feel lonely.The period before recess I sat beside that volleyball boy, Drake, in the last row. It was my mistake in a way. I went to the washroom before class and all the seats were taken by the time Ientered. Ughh! Just how unlucky am I today?

He as usual had his legs up the table and was leaning back against the wall with his handsbehind his head serving the role of pillows while his blazer was covering his face to blocklight. Just how rude can one person be? I wouldn't have minded if he slept through the whole class, but putting his legs where knowledge should be?

 Unbelievable, and to my dismay he started rocking to and fro on his chair. Hah I stopped jotting down the notes and slammed the pen on my desk with a bang not too loud but loud enough for Drake to hear me. He stopped rocking. Phew. I guess he's not that difficult. But it was too soon to relax, to my utter disbelief he started snoring. Is he freaking serious right now? Does he wanna fight?