CHAPTER 28: Infinity Images

"What is this place?"

"Seems like I have lost my eyes. How will I play volleyball?" Drake muttered.

"Don't worry about that, WE have to first get out of here..", Goma spoke in a low but clear voice. Looking around for any source of light.

Goma's reply instigated Drake. He wasn't someone who was to be talked to like that.

"If I am hurt Mr. Richie Rich, you lose your........" Goma interrupted Drake.

"F Y I, you haven't lost your eyes. Perhaps..........". He turned around in his place examining. ".....perhaps it's just dark in here. And talk of being hurt? Drake just pray that we move out of here without getting killed." Goma was sounding dreaded.

Drake knew that he was scared too. But for the first time Drake was not lured to oppress someone who is already scared, instead he took a backseat and asked a different question.

"How do you know it's only darkness?"

"Oh! your teeth, it is just too bright. Boy how do we begin? I think I can illuminate my hands. But I don't know exactly how t................................"

TING

Lights from different corners of unsolicited areas started to illuminate the room. Or hall...Or maybe a basement. It was too large to be named. Or was it? Because all they could see was their reflection. Not one. But countless images all around. It looked like there were mirrors inside mirrors that reflected their every moment. Goma and Drake could see their mouths opened huge wide in surprise. They were taken aback. It was everywhere. Walls, roof and to their disbelief even the floor was made of glass. They had thought of not breaking normal mirrors. But how will they protect it from breaking when they were even started doubting if their normal self was a reflection or they, themselves. Not only do they have to be careful, but they even have to walk slowly in case they break the mirror on the floor with their own weight. Goma thought he was hallucinating. He could feel his heart near his mouth. His mouth was getting dry. He thought he would faint if this would not end. But his little moment of truth came out when even Drake reacted like he was supposed to.

"Bloody hell", Drake looked infuriated.

"Oh, now hell will feel better than paradise I am sure." Goma sounded even worse. He was so overwhelmed. It was too far-fetched to be in imagination. They were in a room of mirrors. The light or the reflection was so strong that the room was shining bright.

"Don't tell me there can be mirrors inside mirrors", Drake was dreaded.

"Drake if you had spent a little more time outside volleyball you would perhaps know what it is", Goma seemed to have a special storage of dislike for Drake. Because pulling off such a remark in such a situation is beyond normal capacity.

"See what's in your yard. Will you?", Drake made a nasty expression. He was furious about volleyball being dragged every time. He had his fists ready to punch. But decided not to as even his one movement could kill other's life. Not that he cared a lot about it, but he was scared that his own life's stake lay in someone else's hand.

"As if that will help." Goma had not turned his face to Drake. He was still busy examining the place, but he must have caught that glimpse from his peripheral vision.

"So, do you have an idea of where we are standing?"Drake questioned, shoving his hands in his pockets casually, he now seemed somewhat collected.

"Ummmm...Yes...But I didn't know it was possible....It was just a theory", Goma's voice fainted.