Chapter 26: Catherine

34 hours ago:

On the morning of the third day of their training camp.

The Ghosts were given a different assignment. They were divided into two groups and each of them were supposed to find certain items with their psychic abilities. Tristan was having a hard time naturally because using his powers in Rika's rescue mission exhausted him and his abilities.

Not that he didn't know or was traumatized but rather he was afraid. When he used his life force for the first time in his life for Rika he felt her, he felt Catherine. He remembered everything that he did and what she made him do.

He never ever wanted to see her again. Due to him his sister was still in jail. So whenever he wanted to use his Life Force, he started trembling. After two days of not being of any help to his team and being ridiculed by them for not taking part and making them lose in such an easy assignment, he used his psychic powers.

As soon as he directed the warmth from his heart to his eyes to locate the item to be found, everything around him turned black and he fainted.

Everything was dark, it was suffocating.

'Help me someone! Help.' even though he wanted to say these words out loud nothing came out his parched throats not a single squeak.

"You finally came to meet me." A sweet thin voice of a small girl said giggling.

He could make out the figure of a small girl wearing balloon frocks, hair made into a twin ponytail.

'She did not change one bit. She was just the same as she used to be Catherine. Rosy plump cheeks, dried-cracked lips and beady eyes with dark shadows underneath.' Tristan thought

'No no no!' he thought, 'Not her.'

"What? I'm a little hurt, you know? How can you forget about me? You are my only f-r-i-e-n-d." Catherine said, singing.

'I don't want anything with you, just leave.'

"That's too sad! I want to play with you again.", she said curtly while fixing her teddy's fur, not looking at Tristain for once.

"Pooh doesn't talk back too" Catherine lips curled down.

"I was so lonely all this time.", she pouted and her eyes turned teary.

'I'll never be fooled again. I'm not a child anymore.'

"Yeah you look like you grew up well. Hehehe, it'll be more fun to play now." She said giggling.

'Screw off.' was the only thing Tristan thought.

"Wow you learnt how to swear too! That's so cute. Well then how about I play with your friend since you are not willing to play with me anymore." She suggested looking upwards, rocking to and fro on her heels as if thinking hard.

Tristan tensed up a little. 'There's no way she can reach any of them right?'

"Oh but I can. I surely could not have but you recently introduced me to our new friend what was her name uh uh... Oh yes Rika. Heheehe. You used her presence in her room to find her using your Life Force so I found her easily. What do you think should we invite her?" She showed an image of Rika upside down hanging from the ceiling, her eyes open and bulged out looking straight at him, her lips already blue and cold and Tristan lost his senses once he saw blood trickling down from the cuts on her stomach to her face.

"Doesn't she look wonderful!? I wonder when I'll meet her." She said prancing and skipping around Rika's upside down hanging body.

"Oh wow and her eyes are of different colours one is green aannndd another is Red. HAHAHAAA", she clapped her hands and hopped in a full circle excitedly like a seven year old kid.