CHAPTER 21: CONFESSION

Everything happened in a daze. After school they went and packed their belongings for the trip. Three hours of traveling in a bus, they reached their camping destination which was for two nights and three days . And it was already evening, by the time they reached.

It was a mountain area. 'Guess we are going hiking. Ugh! If they would have told us, I would have brought my things according to it' thought Keren.The more they ascended towards their camp that was supposed to be a cabin, the thinner and chillier the air got.

"I'm so glad that I've brought my red scarf that I purchased before the Soy Libre party and some warm clothes too. Though I still haven't opened the package for my scarf." Rika said her pale skin and nose turned a little pink from the temperature. She now sported an eye cap on her left eye and her hair was streaked white that stood out more when the setting sun reflected on her light brown or near golden wavy hair.

"Man, you are always prepared for all these situations. I thought we were going to a beach or something." Keren groaned, trying to make her laugh or even smile."So what, you brought bikinis? Hahaha" Rika started laughing.

Her smile reaching her eyes, Keren sighed and smiled in relief, 'This is how it should be.This is how she should always smile. Lately, all she has been doing is frowning and thinking. Always trying to fit into the situation no matter how difficult it is without complaining. So if she's always serious, then I should be always happy and jolly. There is no need for me to burden her with my worries too. If that makes her a little relaxed, then I'll happily be skipping around even if my life becomes hell.' These thoughts ran through Keren's mind as the Cabin came into view.

They reached the cabin booked for the camping trip after fifteen minutes of trekking. The altitude was a little high, but it was worth it, as the nature was closer. There was a river with fresh water nearby flowing downstream, 'I guess we'll go fishing soon.' thought Rika. There was a forest right behind the yard. They say we also have a treehouse in that forest and it glows in the night but sadly only Freaks were allowed there.

The sun was at its highest, right above their head but not as strong as it is in the city. Inside the cabin there were four floors.'Wait four floors? I thought two because from outside it looked like a two storey house with a balcony and terrace. Isn't it?' Keren thought. She looked around to confirm if she had lost her mind or did all of them see the same thing. Everyone was in confusion except for the special Freaks class that Rowl takes. They were unfazed.

Before she could ask, Rowl answered as if unable to take the silence from his class after seeing something unbelievable"The outside view was my illusion." His class was still unfazed and without paying him any heed went to check the list in which they are assigned their rooms. He was the only teacher who had a class of 10 students.

"What's wrong with his class?"

"Why are they ignoring him?"

"Is this a common thing?"

Whispers aroused from all corners."Why?" Keren asked "Was it necessary to do so?" Most of the first years seemed to be on the same page with her regarding this question. Like 'are we hiding from someone.?' they thought. But very surprisingly only his class shook their heads as if they knew the reason and that it was too childish to even ask.