The village might burn down

Chapter summery: the time is November 2009, and someone just came back from the dead, while another makes it back to the states, and the whole team may lose their jobs.
i.e. Season 7 Episode 1
word count: 3,541
TW: Talks of blood, dead bodies, Typical criminal minds talk.

########

You've been with the team for 8 weeks now, with a total of 13 cases so far. It's truly exhausting. Rewarding, yes, but still exhausting.

Morgan is a great leader, and you've grown close due to all the late nights you spend stuck in his office helping him with paperwork. It's definitely the part of the job he's drowning in the most, and the part of the job you, ironically, enjoy the most.

Pakistan is hot, really hot, so when you didn't have to be holed up in the dingy interrogation rooms with zero air flow, hot or cold, and could at least be in your make shift tent office with a fan blowing on you, you'd take it.

You didn't mind desk work, writing and filling out forms. Most people would be bored, but it helped you take your mind off of everything, of all the darkness that surround your job. It's the whole reason you decided to get your doctorates, clerical work was not an issue for you,it was a welcome distraction.

Rossi is slowly becoming your best friend. Your conversations range from sarcastic comments over case work to heart to hearts over morning coffee. You've learned a lot from him, and look up to him quite a lot, though you would never admit that to him out loud. His ego is big enough without your help.

You met Reid your first official day on the job, in the elevator. The young boy looked even more worn out than the two previous men, and you immediately felt like a big sister wanting to take care of your little brother, even if Reid is older than you.

You spend most of your time with Reid, losing to him in chess, listening to him ramble about whatever is on his mind, or being a shoulder to cry on when he is having a hard night being alone. He seems to be taking the new team dynamic the hardest, and you spend most of your free time on cases making sure he is taken care of.

The last person you met was Penelope Garcia. It was a few hours after you first met Reid, both of you sitting at your respected desks reading over some possible case files, when a very colorful and very loud woman made her way over to you the moment she stepped off the elevator.

If you hadn't been trained to listen so properly you wouldn't have been able to keep up with her fast talking. She introduced herself, before going into a huge explanation about how she already knew everything about you, then having to back track and explain she didn't do anything, extremely, illegal, she just wanted to make sure you would be a good fit for the team, and that she wanted to make sure you were nice, and how she knew you were simply based by your ID photos.

To put everything simply, you had to listen to Jack Garrett tell you "I told you so" over and over. Plus you had to pay for a date night for him and his wife, though you didn't mind that much, they deserve it.

Honestly, though the team is still struggling to find their footing completely, you are very fortunate to have found a spot here.