Inside the Prison Walls

i.e. Season 10 Episodes 16 & 17

TW: Talks of pregnancy (not reader), typical criminal minds case talk, talks of injuries (reader gets busted lip), Prison riot

You're walking with Morgan and Kate to the round table, Kate telling you both about how her morning has gone, having to take her niece to see Derek's girlfriend about her pierced belly button

You're walking with Morgan and Kate to the round table, Kate telling you both about how her morning has gone, having to take her niece to see Derek's girlfriend about her pierced belly button. You are so grateful Charlotte is 13 months, not 13 years. You can't imagine what you would do, let alone Aaron. You pray you don't have to find out.

"There's not really a manual for this kind of thing, right?" Kate asks you both.

"I don't know," Derek speaks up beside you, "I'm pretty sure there's millions of books out there on raising a girl."

You can't help but roll your eyes amusingly, Kate stoping in front of him, "That's true, but I think she's just rebelling against a conversation we had the other night." She looks at you to back her up, already knowing what said conversation was about.

You nod at her as Derek looks back and forth, not catching on, "It doesn't take a profiler to figure out why Meg would decide to pierce her... bellybutton." She puts both of her hands on her stomach.

"No." Derek says shocked "Seriously?"

You both laugh at him as Kate nods her head.

"Ok, so that's why you've got this little glow thing going on. And all this time I thought it was just me making you blush."

"Oh it's that too." You joke with him, winking at Kate as you make your way past Garcia, who was sneaking up behind her. You walk into the conference room smiling at Aaron as you hear Penelope squeal outside the door, dragging Kate in seconds later and announcing to the room the wonderful news. Everyone takes turns congratulating her, you and Aaron doing it for a second time, before it's back to business.

Aaron got a call from a former Lobbyist on the Hill, turned, prison warden in east Texas. He's had two guards murdered in 3 months, both stabbed in the neck and a sock stuffed in their mouths. Aaron quickly dismissed everyone to the jet after giving the initial information.

"The uniform itself could be a target." Derek piped up next to you on the plane. Aaron is across from you by Kate, JJ standing by Derek's chair, Rossi and Reid on the couch. "Kill a guard, any guard, it doesn't matter which one."

"What about the sock in the mouth?" You question.

"It could be some kind of warning to keep quiet, you know, like, put a sock in it." Rossi theorizes.

JJ gives hers next, "It could have also just been a gag to literally keep the victims quiet."

"Well, either way, we're probably looking at multiple unsubs." Aaron tells everyone, "This would be very difficult to pull off alone."