Epilogue

11 years later

"Mama, Look!" Noah calls out to you, making you look up from the book in your hand, towards the voice of your youngest child. You watch as he shoots a goal, making it, and celebrating with his hands up. He runs towards Aaron, who is standing at the goal, giving him a high five. You smile at the both of them, sending your child a thumbs up, before looking back down to your book.

About 10 minutes goes by, when you hear footsteps coming towards you, looking up at your husband, you smile up at him. He settles in next to you, kissing your cheek as he pulls your back to his chest. You hear him release a deep sigh. Closing the book and setting it beside you, you turn enough to look at his face. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." He answers swiftly, not looking at you, instead watching Noah continue practicing his goals.

"Mmhmm." You hum, "So that deep sigh has nothing to do with Jack going back to college tomorrow?" You raise your eyebrow at him.

Aaron just huffs at you, sending you a mock glare, before breaking into a small smile, "How can you read me so well?"

"Honey," You laugh lightly, "We've been married for a long time now." You reach one of your hands up, tracing his jawline, "It's going to be okay."

"I know, I know." Aaron sighs, "It's just— this is his junior year. Soon he's going to graduate and be off to Law School and then we're never going to see him. We barley see him now! And Charlotte will be going to high school and you know how she's been talking about being a Doctor. She said she thought Doctors Without Borders would be cool! Then she'll leave and then it will be Brandon and Luke's turn, and then Noah, and then all of our children will be gone!"

"Aaron." You stop him, sitting up a bit more, "We see Jack every other week. Actually, I, see Jack every other week. You see him every week because you go up and have lunch with him on campus the weeks he doesn't come home."

"How do you know that?" Aaron looks over at you.

You shrug, not giving away that you saw the text a few months back from Jack, thanking him for the food and class advice. You connected the dots after while, realizing why Aaron was never avail be for Wednesday lunches. "And Charlie is only in the 8th grade. She has a whole 5 years left before going off to college. And Brandon and Luke are in 6th this year." Aaron nods, knowing your right and he's just spiraling. "Plus, Noah told me last night he's never leaving. Said he was just going to live with us forever."

This makes you both laugh, breaking Aaron's tense mood. He kisses your forehead, "Think we could convince the other kids to do the same?"

You tilt your head, "Maybe Charlotte." You bring both your hands up, cradling his face. He grew back a little beard after leaving the BAU, similar to the one he had the first day you ever saw him. Except it's more grey now. "You'll always have me though." You remind him.

His eyes twinkle at that, making him pull you closer, "Thank god for that."

A lot has changed these past years, but the one thing that has stayed the same, is you and Aaron's love for one another. He's your rock, you're best friend, and you're his. Through all the ups and downs, the hospital visits and crime scenes and job changes, all the kids birthdays, and stressful holidays, the tears and laughter, he was right by your side, stumbling through it with you. Neither of you allowing the other to walk through it alone.

You're both interrupted by Noah running over to you, throwing himself between you both, your last baby, born 4 years after the twins, "Can we have ice-cream?"

You look to Aaron, who was already watching you, before looking back down to noah, "Lets pick up your siblings and make it a family affair."

And so you did, together. Just like you'll do for the rest of your lives.

Edit Notification-- Just fixed some of the epilogue up :)