Expressed Difficulty

i.e. Season 11 Episode 17

TW: Typical criminal minds jargon. talks of hardships. talks of brith/ c section. teeny tiny bit of angst. that should be it.

Whoever told you, boy's were easier than girls, must have never had twin boys

Whoever told you, boy's were easier than girls, must have never had twin boys. Luke and Brandon, are 6 months old now. They came early, like most twin babies do, and the c section you had to have, put you out of work a little longer than it did with Charlotte.

It was a major adjustment for you and Aaron, going from 2 kids to 4. Jack is an extraordinary helper, especially with his sister who is in the phase where she just wants someones attention, anyones really, but she is a sucker for her daddy's attention.

Charlotte had the biggest adjustment. Not only was she no longer the baby, but she had to share her favorite person in the world, with two small humans, instead of one. The jealousy from her was obvious to you and Aaron, and the pout Aaron had on his face when Charlie decided to ignore him for a few days was almost so pathetic it was adorable. But, after a month, she started to see the advantage of having some younger brothers in the house, and was willing to share.

Aaron was a champ. You were put on bed rest for the first two weeks of recovery, and he handled the kids like a rockstar. He was made to be a dad, thriving in the home environment surrounded by kids. You don't think you've seen him so relaxed and happy. The smile on his face never seemed to vanish, even when you were both dead tired from not one, but two crying babies all night. The smile was still there, still present.

Aaron went back to work before you, very reluctantly though. He stayed home for 4 months, and would have stayed longer if you hadn't forced him into his suit and dragged him to Quantico.

You've been out of work for 6 months now, and you can't wait to get beck. Well, actually, you can. You love being home. Love spending all day with the kids and at the house. You love getting to be there for dinner and tucking them in bed every night. The stress free environment has done wonders for your skin, or maybe thats the breast feeding, either way, wonders. But you are excited to get out of the house again, and not have constant spit up on your shoulder. That will be nice, you can't wait for that.

You drop Jack off at school, and Charlotte, Luke, and Brandon off with your sister-in-law. Heading to Quantico. Aaron calls you when you're almost in, telling you to just meet at the plane.

"Wow little mama! You did not just have two kids." Derek is the first one to greet you. Wrapping you in a tight hug at the bottom of the jet stairs, "Welcome back." He whispers in your ear.

"You to." You kiss his cheek, sending him a wink. He's been out for as long as you have. You felt so guilty for not being there when he went down, but you had just had the babies 2 days earlier, and was still very much out of it.

You give small hugs to everyone else, before going up and making yourself comfortable on the couch next to Aaron.

"Ronni is still missing. Both parents eyes were filled with sand and glued shut." He informs the team.