No Field Work For You

Chapter 15

No Field Work For You

i.e. season 9 episodes 1 & 2

Chapter summery: A unique case stumps the BAU, while some surprising news stumps you.

TW: Normal Criminal Minds Jargon, talks of nausea, reader being sick, talks of doctors appointment, surprise

AN: We are now into season 9 and I am so excited for this new journey Aaron and Reader are about to take!

word count: 3,249

You just make it home when Aaron calls everyone back to headquarters

You just make it home when Aaron calls everyone back to headquarters. You're tired and hungry and honestly, you feel a little bit under the weather, but you know it's no comparison to how your boyfriend probably feels. Aaron has been working overtime the last few weeks, since the bureau still hasn't found a replacement for Strauss yet.

He told you that they offered him the position full time, but the rest of the team doesn't know that and you aren't planning on telling them. Aaron needs to make this decision without outside factors getting involved, you'll support him either way.

After debriefing you all make your way to the jet, you sitting next to Aaron, with Morgan and Blake opposite of you, while JJ, Reid, and Rossi are on the couch.

"Both of these woman were professionals, both in their late 20's, blonde, and petite." Aaron goes over the victimology.

"Besides appearance, there's no apparent connection." You express.

"The prayer position is unique." Blake states.

Morgan looks through his file, "Both these women were left in parks. The dump sites could be symbolic, lots of religions are based in nature celebrating the outdoors."

Everyone discusses some theories, going back and forth over different religions and meanings, when Aaron gives the orders out for when you land.

Rossi and Morgan go to one park while Blake and JJ go to the other. You and Reid go with Aaron to the local police department. The latest victim's next of kin comes in to do an interview, Aaron having you and Reid show him to a room.

"This is a dream right?" The husband, Mr.Coleman asks, in a broken voice, "You're going to tell me this is a nightmare?"

"We know this is difficult, Mr.Coleman." You tell him in a soft voice.

"I don't know what to say. I need to call her parents."

"Can we ask you a few questions first?" Reid asks him.

Mr.Coleman nods as Reid clears his throat, "When was the last time you saw your wife?"

"Two days ago."

Your eyebrows raise at that, as does Reid's, "Two days ago? That's a long time, why didn't you call the police?"

"We've been separated. Yesterday Emma was supposed to meet me for counseling, but she never showed." He tells you.