The Perfect One

i.e. Season 10 Episode 1

Chapter Summery: Your first day back, A new team member, and Aaron goes shopping with Rossi.

You're siting in Aaron's office as he looks over some files, "What interview is this?"

"The 10th." He looks up at you briefly, "The other ones just didn't fit."

You hum, "And this one does?"

"I think so." He sighs, "She has the experience and all of her recommendations say she adapts well in new, fast environments."

You nod your head, "Well then I'm sure she'll be great."

Aaron closes the file, leaning back in his chair, staring at you for a few minutes, "How are you feeling?"

Today was your first "official" day back. Really it just means you can travel with the team again and join in the field. You were out of it for 5 months recovering. With both your wounds taking their time to heal, and Aaron being overprotective when it came to you doing anything. Your stomach wound healed nicely, while your thigh took some time. You weren't able to walk on it for a whole month, part being the thigh, part being the abdomen. and when you did start walking on it again, you had to rebuild the muscle memory.

"I'm good. Ready." You tell him.

He nods, studying you, "Are you sure?"

"Aaron," You sigh, "I'm okay."

He nods, standing up to walk over to you, "I know, I know. I just—"

"You just worry." You cut him off, with a smile, "And I appreciate it, but you don't need to worry."

He nods his head, leaning down, hands on your arm rests, to give you a quick kiss. That's another thing thats changed, Aaron is more open with your relationship in the office. He never goes, over board or anything, but he also doesn't stop himself from showing you affection. You don't mind it if you're being honest, it helps keep you grounded.

Theres a knock on his door, "Come in." He pulls back from you, straightening up. You turn your head to see a small brunette woman standing there, "Hi, i'm Kate Callahan."

You stand up, introducing yourself, before turning back to Aaron, "I'm going to go get some coffee down in the kitchen while we still have the time."

You're walking back up into the bullpen, coffee in hand, when Aaron and Kate walk out of his office, "Round table." He tells you, seeing your confusion. You nod, following them both. "Everyone, this is Kate from Andy Sawn's unit. She'll be joining the team." Aaron informs everyone, taking a seat, you sit beside him.

"Are you headed with us?" Rossi asks you.

You nod your head enthusiastically, "Finally."

You see Aaron shake his head with a small smile at your enthusiasm, before becoming serious again, "Let's get started."