Comfort, Safety. Danger, Run.

i.e. Season 7 episode 23 & 24

Chapter Summery: A day off doesn't go as planned feelings and come to fruition. Bank robbers and Weddings await.

TW: Criminal Minds jargon. Talks of injury. Reader gets small head wound. Maybe a little angst but thats the episodes fault really. Typical criminal minds case talk.

You knock on Aaron's apartment door

You knock on Aaron's apartment door. This is the first off day the team has had in months, and you are planning to enjoy it with your two favorite boys.

You and Aaron have been dating for 6 months now, and it is going so well. How you landed such a caring, strong, and hot man, you'll never understand. But you are definitely not taking it for granted.

You hear the lock twist and the chain removed, as the door opens and a smiling Aaron Hotchner greets you, "Good morning."

You hold up the two coffees in one hand and the bag of sausage biscuits you bought in the other, "I brought breakfast."

"Thank you." Aaron takes both from you, leaning down and giving you a soft kiss on your lips.

You look down at his wardrobe, "Thought we were going to the park?"

"We are." He tells you, ushering you inside, "We're just running a little late."

You go to respond, when you hear Jack call out to you, he runs up, giving you a hug, before he grabs your hand and drags you into the kitchen, "Come and look at our fort!"

"Wow! This is a great fort! Did your dad help you make it?" You smile at the boy, crawling under that table with him.

Aaron crawls in on the other side a few seconds behind you, giving you a deadpan look, but keeping his voice cheerful, "We slept in here, all night."

You raise your eyebrows at that.

Someone's back must be hurting.

The nod he gives you answers your silent statement.

You have no idea.

"We're going to do it again tonight! Right dad?" Jack questions his father.

Aaron smiles sweetly at him, "Sure, buddy. No problem." He looks up at you with a smirk, before back down at his son again, "Maybe she'll join us if you ask really nicely."

Jack turns to you, the cutest pout on his lips accompanied by his best puppy dog eyes, "Please, Please, Please? We would have so much fun!"

You make eye contact with your boyfriend, narrowing your eyes just enough for him to understand your unspoken threat, you'll pay for my back hurting too Hotchner, before smiling down at Jack, "Of Course buddy! I would love to!"

"Yay!" Jack cheers, rambling about all the fun stuff you guys will get to do. You're drawn from the staring contest you're having with Aaron when his phone goes off. He gets up from under the table, answering it with a stiff "Hotchner."