Almost full

Chapter 12

Almost full

i.e. Season 8 episodes 11 & 14

Chapter summery: Some team gossip is always fun to have

AN: there is only about two chapters left for season 8 I think, maybe 3. This is kind of just a filler chapter with some fluff at the end. The next few chapters will be more exciting, this is just to have a build up to those.

TW: typical criminal minds case talk

word count: 2,362

"Who's got you smiling like that?" Garcia's voice makes your jump, looking up at her

"No one." You tell her, putting your phone face down on your desk.

You had been texting Aaron, flirting back and forth through your phones, occasionally glancing up and making eye contact through his office window. You didn't even notice Penelope walking up to your desk after she zoned in on your love sick smile.

"Oh no sister!" Penelope perks up at your obvious dismissal, "You're seeing someone aren't you?! I knew it you have been so giggly lately!"

"I have not been giggly." You look at her, mildly offended.

"Ugh huh! You have that relationship glow going on. Plus I've tried to set you up 3 times the past few months and you dismiss all of them!"

You roll your eyes, grabbing files at the edge of your desk to actually start on some work this morning, "First, there's no glow, it's called actually getting a decent nights sleep for the first time in months. Second, did you think, maybe all the guys you tried to set me up with weren't my type?"

"Who's not your type?" Derek brings himself into the conversation, walking into the bullpen with a cup of coffee.

Garcia beats your at answering him before you can intercept her, "The men I've tried to set her up with because I I didn't know she was already seeing someone."

Derek, now extremely intrigued into the conversation, sits on the corner of your desk with a smirk on his face, "And who is this man that's got you all gooey and doe eyed."

"I am not gooey and doe eyed." Shooting him an unimpressed look.

JJ leans back in her chair, two desks away from you, deciding to enter the gossip that is your dating life, "I don't know, you have seemed happier."

"You don't need a relationship to be happy."

"No." She shoots you a look, "But a relationship would explain why you showed up in that pretty dress a few weeks ago."

You know which dress she was talking about. Your red one, the new one you bought to match Aaron's new red tie. You both were out at dinner when you got the call about a case, not having time to change, you had to arrive in the dress and field questions about how you were spending your night out. Thankfully you warned Aaron about his marching tie before anyone saw him, being able to stuff it into his bag.