A Crack in the Glass

Chapter 13

A Crack in the Glass

i.e. season 8 episode 16

Chapter summery: The team gets closer to the replicator, or at least, they think they do. The cup as finally overflowed.

TW: Typical criminal minds jargon.

AN: Sorry this took so long, I was almost finished with it and then I got sick :(. Anyway, I've finally finished, and hopefully I can get the next two chapters done an out tomorrow so I can be back on schedule.

word count: 2,158

The sound of your alarm wakes you from your dream state

The sound of your alarm wakes you from your dream state. You reach over to the night stand on your side, silencing your phone. Aaron protests your movements, dragging you back into his embrace.

"Aaron I have to go." You tell him softly, trying to pry his arms from around your waist.

He just tightens his hold on you, "Why," He whines, "We still have an hour until we need to get ready."

"Because I've stayed here for 2 weeks now and I have officially ran out of clean clothes as of yesterday." You tell him, finally breaking free, "I need to go back to my apartment."

He sits up, watching you move around his room as you gather your scattered clothes from last night, "Will you come back here tonight? Granted we don't have a case."

"14 days in a row not enough for you." You joke, throwing on one of his hoodies you stole. It smells of his cologne, putting you at ease this morning.

"No."

You send him a wondering look, "What? What do you mean no?"

Aaron rubs the rest of sleep out of his eyes, standing up to grab some clothes for himself, "I mean," He tells you, walking closer once he has boxers on, "I don't like it when you aren't here all the time."

"Well," You nod, not entirely following along," as sweet as that is, I'm paying for an apartment every month, I should probably use it."

Aaron pulls you into him, "Well," He drags out the word, slightly mocking you, "What if you paid for this apartment instead?"

Oh.

That's... hmmm.

"You want me to pay your rent for you?" You tease him.

"He raises an eyebrow at you, too tired for your antics, "You know what I mean."

"I do." You tell him softly, looking at him tentatively, "Can I think about it."

He is very good at hiding his mild disappointment, sending you a comforting smile, "Of course you can." Kissing your forehead, "As long as you need."

You look up from your desk later that day, when Garcia comes into the bullpen, holding a big bouquet of flowers and walking over to JJ's desk, "Guess what just came to the reception desk for an agent Jennifer Jareau."