Handled, to a degree

i.e. season 7 episode 14

chapter summery: The end of training is the start of something else

TW: typical Criminal minds case talk

Training with Aaron Hotchner has become your new favorite thing

Training with Aaron Hotchner has become your new favorite thing. It's not just the fact you get to spend extra time with him or that you actually have improved in your training that you don't feel like you'll embarrass yourself during the triathlon anymore, which was a big concern for you, but because outside of work, when it's just you and him, without the cases, or team, or piles of paper work, he is a breath of fresh air, and that is not something you thought you would say about your stoic boss when you had first met him. The team might call you Sunny, but he is literally the embodiment of sunshine, and your the only one that knows it.

Not that you mind being the only one that gets to see that.

You've trained together everyday you aren't on a case, besides Sundays, those are your rest days, and you usually go and eat together afterwards, either breakfast or lunch, depending on the day you train. You can't get enough of him. You've found yourself always looking for him, even at work or on cases, your eyes constantly drift to where he might be. Aaron Hotchner is a distraction, and you can't help but crave more of him.

Like right now, training this morning before work, where like most days spent training with you, he smiles and laughs more than you thought he would, and he flirts. Very subtly, but it's still there, and you like it. He is very good at the middle school type teasing that he is currently giving he, the both of you are running at the park you train at, and he is mocking you, "Come on Sunny, you can do better than that!"

"Hotchner, I will literally tackle you if you don't let me win." You threaten. He is over competitive, as are you, something else you both have in common, but unlike you, he actually wins the little races you have while you are supposed to be training.

He laughs, calling your bluff, "Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try." Speeding up his run.

Don't tempt me Aaron.

You know you can't catch him, he always wins. But you would rather watch Aaron laugh his way to your races finish line, than to tire yourself out this early in the morning. He's only about 30 seconds ahead of you, and as he comes to the end he turns around with his hands on his hips, a huge smile on his face that causes one of your own to appear.

It's worth losing if it's to him.

"What was that about if I win again?" He questions you.

You roll your eyes jokingly at him, "Quite Hotchner."

He smiles at you, that sort of soft smile he's been giving you more and more. It always makes you have to look away, trying to keep your movements from showing how flustered he makes you.