The War Of Angels and Demons

Aaron Hotchner x Female Reader

Chapter 20

The War of Angels And Demons

i.e. Season 9 Episodes 23 & 24

TW: Typical criminal minds case jargon, shooting, blood, injury to reader. angst. sad hotch. comfort and happy ending though because I can't leave Aaron sad, he deserves only happiness

AN: 3 chapters in less than 24 hours is quite a ride. Anyway this draws an end to the season 9 arc and we will be headed into season 10 chapters now. I kinda went a different route with this chapter than I thought I was going to but I still like it. Happy ending because Aaron Hotchner deserves love.

word count: 4,537

Two months pass, and the gut feeling only gets worse

Two months pass, and the gut feeling only gets worse. Aaron becomes increasingly worried for you, he knows you're not sleeping well. You try and take your mind off of the bubbling feeling in your stomach, and it's easy when you can throw your mind into a case, or spend your time with Jack and Charlotte. You even spent a whole month planning Jacks 9th birthday party, and it payed off, he had a blast. But just like every night, when you lay down to sleep in the silence of your bedroom, your mind starts to drift, that feeling starts to rise, and then you are back where you started.

Aaron has been trying to get you to take some time off, that maybe you just need to step away from work for a little while, but you know better. You know if you are left alone, without distractions, that it would be impossible to get out of your mind alone. To pacify him, you agreed to see a therapist, and it helped, for a little bit. Until she told you that the feeling in your gut was normal, everyone thinks something bad is going to happen, especially when they bring their first child into the world, and you have to learn to live with it.

You rolled your eyes at her for that, telling her that Charlotte might be your first pregnancy, but Jack is your first child, and that the feeling isn't a 'parent' feeling. You found a new therapist two days later, though he's not much better.

Walking into the bullpen, you walk up to the team that is sitting around JJ's desk. Aaron got called in about a few hours ago, the rest of the team just now getting the call to come in. You see him walk out of his office with section chief Matt Cruz, "Lets get started."

Everyone gets to the round table, Cruz speaking to Garcia, taking the remote from her, "I took the liberty of having the much less talented version off you in my office load the case details."

"Oh, yeah, sure. No problem." You watch her take a seat, sending her a small smile, knowing she doesn't like when she isn't involved in the case briefing.

"A good friend of mine, Sheriff Peter Coleman, down in Texas, reached out to me." Cruz addresses the team, "He's a former Texas Ranger. He's a good guy."