Crossing Boarders and Changing Names

i.e. Season 10 Episode 19

chapter summery: Jack Garrett is back, the team heads outside of the US, and last names are changed when they get back home.

TW: Typical criminal minds case jargon.

You walk into the round table room, brows furring when you see the man standing next to your fiancé, "What are you doing here?"

"That's how you greet me? You haven't seen me in 3 months." The man jokes.

You shake your head, making your way over to him and giving him a big hug, "It's nice to see you Jack."

"You too, sunshine." He returns the hug.

Jack Garrett. The man you've known for almost 10 years now. The man who convinced you to take a job in this field again, immediately after leaving the last one. The man who tricked you into joining a triathlon with him, only to be abandoned in your training weeks later. Technically speaking, you owe a lot to Jack Garrett, even if he always seems to be a pain in your ass.

He helped you through some of your hardest moments, him and his wife. He brought you to the BAU, to your team, your friends, your family. He brought you to Aaron. If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have your fiancé, or Jack and Charlotte. You wouldn't have everything around you. Yeah, you owe a lot to Jack Garrett.

"How's my goddaughter doing?" He releases you from the hug.

You roll your eyes, "You can't make yourself godfather, that's not how it works."

He shakes his head at you, frowning, "Well you weren't doing it."

"She's doing fine," You roll your eyes again, "Has a few more teeth since you last saw her, and loves the word mama." You smile at your friend.

"Once this case is over, we'll have to have you guys back over for dinner."

Aaron nods, "It is you're turn to host."

The rest of the team starts to gather into the room, greeting Jack as they do. Cruz makes his way inside, starting the briefing, "Our unsub's eluded both domestic and international teams, and we're not about to let him get away with it again."

He brings up some pictures of the last two families onto the screen. You remember reading about the domestic family, your heart going out to what they must have experienced.

"Each family member had been strangled and their bodies were dumped in a remote area 24 hours after they were taken." Aaron informs the room.

Garrett takes the lead, speaking to the team, "Now that he's moved internationally again, it's time to rethink the motive. It's clear he gets off on hunting american families when they're on vacation."

"Just over 8 hours ago he abducted the Sullivans from Barbados." Cruz pulls up the security footage from the airport.

"Seems he's establishing a clear pattern here." Morgan states, "He started overseas, came back to domestic, and now he's gone to another country again."