Unusual Ailment

i.e. Season 11 Episode 1

TW: Kind of a big time jump (8 months), Typical criminal minds case talk, that should be it.

The last 8 months have been, long, to say the least. It started with Kate leaving the BAU, you were happy for her and her family, but sad to see your friend go. JJ announced she was pregnant and had her second son, a very joyous occasion, but making the team down 2 members in the field. You had plenty of birthdays to celebrate, Charlotte turning 2, Jack turning 10, Aaron turning 43. The team closed lots of cases and had long nights of paperwork with the numbers down.

Yeah, it's been an eventful 8 months, that has kept you very busy. So when you wake up this morning, a bit under the weather, you can only blame yourself for running yourself ragged. Your tired, like really tired, you have a blinding headache, you think you actually feel your brain throb, and the smell of Aaron's coffee wafting in from the kitchen makes you want to hurl. You groan, standing from the bed and making your way to the bathroom, hopping a hot shower might make you feel better. It does wake you up, and popping a few ibuprofen makes your headache bearable.

You walk out of your room when you're done, seeing Aaron with both the kids at the kitchen table, everyone dressed and ready for the day. Aaron smiles as he spots you, "Morning, honey." He stands from where he was seated, next to Charlie, helping her eat her morning apple sauce. "I was just coming to wake you. Seemed tired this morning so I thought I'd let you sleep in a bit more." He kisses the side of your head, putting his and Jack's plates in the sink.

"Thank you, I needed it." You reply, pouring yourself some tea from the fridge. You grab a banana on your way yo sit at the table. You're not hungry, and your stomach is still churning a bit, but you know you need to eat, and bananas can help with nausea, something you've learned in high school when your period was bad.

You start to peal the banana, turing to Jack who is seated next to you, "Did you finish your math?"

"Yep!" He beams at you, "Dad said I got all of them right when he checked it."

You smile at his excitement, knowing he has been working extra hard this year, "Great job bud! Just means you'll do great on your test, Thursday."

The rest of the morning goes by without a hitch. It's a rare morning that you and Aaron get to drive together to work instead of separately. Dropping off Jack at school and Charlotte with your sister-in-law, you and Aaron enjoy the silence for the rest of the ride, the comfortable blanket surrounding you. Aaron holds your hand as you look out the window, feeling his dumb draw shapes on your skin. These quite moments are few and far between lately, an it's nice to just bask in it.

You turn your face away from the passing scenery to your husband, "How many interviews do you have today?"

Aaron sighs, "A few. I'm going to try and get through as many as I can during the down hours."