A Family affair

i.e. Season 7 episode 16

Summery - A big step is taken in your new relationship.

TW: Criminal minds jargon, typical case talk, minor injury to reader.

You and Aaron have been steadily seeing each other since valentines day, which was 2 months ago

You and Aaron have been steadily seeing each other since valentines day, which was 2 months ago. It has been, amazing. You never thought Aaron Hotchner would be such a romantic.

He brings you flowers for every date night you have, he sends you cute morning text messages to start your day, and will even leave surprise coffees at your desk with cute little post it notes on it that tell you how beautiful you look, even though he defiantly hasn't seen you yet.

To say you were smitten, would be an understatement. You haven't felt this comfortable with someone so fast since Zach, and you were a young, 20 year old, that believed in soulmates, when you met him. You hadn't seen the dangers in the world, or experienced true heartbreak, or met people that wore their masks so brilliantly it became apart of them.

You've "dated" since Zach died, sure, if you really want to call it that. You usually never make it past the second date, sometimes you don't even make it through the first. So to say you are head over heels for FBI agent, your boss, Aaron Hotchner, is not something you expected, but it is thoroughly welcomed.

Like right now, you both are getting together before work, he's giving you that sweet side smile as he sets down your cup in front of you, "Correct me if I'm wrong," He says while taking the seat in front of you, "But Chia means tea, so I essentially got you a tea tea."

"What can I say, I'm a simple gal." you smirk back at him.

He gives you a smirk back, "Bodes well for me."

You shake your head at him, before going back to the conversation you were having before your drinks were done, "Wait, so we're probably going to be on a case this weekend?"

"More than likely." He nods.

"So all our training was for nothing? I could have spent that time sleeping in!"

"Yes, because we got nothing from our training." He laughs at your small pout, raising an eyebrow at you.

You wink at him, "All I'm saying is, I'm never letting Garrett talk me into something again."

Aaron laughs, before sobering up for a minute, setting his coffee down and clearing his throat.

That's his tell.

He's nervous.

"There is a small chance we will be there for the race." He looks up at you through his lashes.

You hum at him, giving him a nod to keep going.

"Jack will be there."

There it is.