34.

uh, hi :)

What are you going to do (y/n)? You can't just get rid of me. I am you. You are me. I am your version which your parents would love more. What would your mom say if she saw you trying to become a hero?

"SHUT UP!" I yelled desperately. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

A scared stray cat ran away from behind a dumpster.

I brought my knees closer to my chest, feeling small and lost. Looking up to the sky, the clouds were colored with the grayest and most depressive shades.

"Didn't even manage to make any close friends..."  I sighed and closed my eyes.

Why not just kill yourself (y/n)? What use is there of you?

"Nemuri-san..." Were the last words I muttered before blacking out.

The next thing I see is a street from above. A busy street, with cars rushing God knows where.

"Wha..." I rub my eyes and realise I'm on the edge of a tall building. The strong wind brings me to my senses faster.

JUMP (Y/N)!

The loud shout catches me off guard, and an impulse pushes me forwards.

I yell, as I can't feel anything solid under my feet. I make one last effort to turn around and try to reach on to something to hold myself, but to my misfortune I just keep gaining speed. I reach out my hand to the gray sky, hoping for a wonder.

No one is there. No one is there to catch me. No miraculous save.

That's it, (y/n). You failed.