56: Dinner & Plan

Author's Note

Hi everyone! Just a heads up that this book will come to an end soon (finally!).
Okay that's all for today's note, enjoy this chapter!

THEA'S P.O.V

"Let's get remarried"

I was confused by him at first, I thought I heard him wrong. "I'm sorry, I thought I heard you said you want us to get remarried?"

"You did"

I tried to look for any sign of jokes but he didn't seem to show it. So I asked the first thing that popped up in my head. "Why?"

We are already married by law, and we love each other now. So why would he suggest that we get remarried?

"I want to say my vows again, this time with full meaning with my heart. I may not take my vows seriously when we got married," he sighed softly, head hanging low in shame. "And I think it's why life punished me by taking our son away"

"Oh, Arthur.." I shook my head and held his hands. "It wasn't your fault, as you've told me we just had a bad luck on this one. You don't have to do that"

"But I want to," he said, rather quickly. "I want to give you the wedding you should have and deserve, darling. I want to see you walking down the aisle, trusting your heart fully to marry me. I want us to get married without pressures this time. I want to give you our first kiss as husband and wife that you deserve. Please, marry me again, Thea"

And I thought I couldn't love this man more. I wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling him closer before I kissed him. Getting remarried with him is not a bad idea.

"I will marry you, Arthur. Because I have loved you and will love you more with my entire heart."

Smiling, I recalled the night Arthur asked me to marry him again. I honestly think we didn't need to get remarried, I love Arthur and I trust him with my life. But he was right, it was necessary to start over, getting on the right foot.

Arthur's parents were the first people we told about our decision. We visited them last night and told them the truth about our first marriage, it was a big slap to the both of them. They felt betrayed at first, but after Arthur explained to them that we made up after 6 months, they began to understand. Both also apologized to me for putting me through that, but I told them it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. Needless to say, it was a bit chaotic at first but we were glad that they were happy with our decision.

We agreed that the wedding will only be attended by family and close friends, it's what I insisted. We are only going to redo our vows so it won't be necessary to hold a big wedding, we don't really want that too. We decided to hold the wedding on November 17th, the exact same date as our first wedding so we won't be changing our anniversary date. Besides, I think we both like the date.

Arthur and I are still healing. We avoid talking about our son a lot, but doesn't mean we forget about him. I finally got the courage to visit the cemetary yesterday, which surprising me because Arthur arranged it just beside my parents's. It was tough to face it, but Arthur was there with me and held me so I could stay strong. We also avoid sex, for a while. I was not ready to do the intimate, yet, as I was still a bit sore after the stillbirth. Fortunately, Arthur respected and understood me.

I visited Jessy today in the hospital, she was rushed into the hospital earlier this morning after having another seizure. Josh couldn't stop crying since then, and only just stopped after we came and Arthur had calmed him down by embracing him into a hug. He was now sleeping on the hospital bed with Jessy, who looked tired. Arthur had gone to take care of the hospital administration, leaving the three of us alone. Both Jessy and I were quiet, we didn't really know what to talk. Part of me was glad with the silence, in fact I didn't mind at all.