Why Not Around Me?

Kryoz x reader
I wrote all of these John fics a hot minute ago while I was going through a real Kryoz kick. Forgive me for the old content.

I had finished editing and I had already uploaded a video today, so I thought I might as well pass the time by watching some of my friend’s videos. More specifically, John’s videos, because John is high-key my boi. I’ve been so busy the past few weeks that I wasn’t able to watch much of his videos, so I thought I might as well catch up on them. Since John and I are friends we record all the time, so I tried to find some that I wasn’t in. Some of his solo Poly Bridge videos and some of his duo matches with SMii7y. As I was watching all of these videos I started to realize something, something that I must not have realized before. John seemed a lot more… vulgar when not recording with me. Which was odd to think about, why wouldn’t he act like himself around me? Especially considering one of the reasons why I like him so much is because of his vulgarity. I watched a few more videos of his to confirm my thinking, comparing these videos with some that I was in.

I decide to call SMii7y, I’m sure he would know why or maybe even cast doubt on my suspicion. The phone rings about five times before he answers, “Hey, (Y/N), is everything okay?” I smile and nod, remembering he can’t see me and say, “Yeah, everything is fine I just have a question to ask you.” SMii7y chuckles, “Alright, you just never call me, what’s up?” with a sigh I say, “It’s about John, I think I’m just overthinking something about him.” I hear an ‘mhm?’ on the other end and take a deep breath, I’m about to sound stupid as fuck. “Does John censor himself when I’m around? I was watching some of his videos and realized that he seemed to become less vulgar around me.” I take another deep breath, “I think I’m just overthinking and sound stupid. Maybe I’m just imagining it.” 

Silence, that’s all I hear at first, then slowly I hear SMii7y start to laugh. I knew it, I sounded stupid. “You're not imagining it, (Y/N), that’s for damn sure.” I raise my eyebrows in sudden confusion, he continues to laugh. “John definitely censors himself when you’re around,” I sigh, does that mean he doesn’t like me? Why would he act differently around me? SMii7Y continues chuckling, “I told him you’d notice it eventually.” I fake a chuckle, “Yeah, I sure did.” With a sigh he hushes himself, “You can’t tell John I told you this, alright?” I quirk my eyebrows, “Why? Was he keeping this a secret?” With another chuckle SMii7Y informs me of something I was not expecting in the least, “He censors himself because he thinks it’ll make you like him more. For some reason he thought you were put off by the way he talks.” 

I process that little bit of knowledge for a few seconds before cackling, I was worried for no reason and John likes me? This is some sort of dream come true. “I tried telling him you don’t mind and that you actually really like that type of humor, he just wouldn’t believe me though.” I giggle, “That’s one of my favorite things about him, how could he think that I didn’t like it?” SMii7Y cuckles and we continue to laugh and talk about recording sessions aftwards. Right after saying our goodbyes and hanging up the phone I get a call from John himself, well speak of the goddamned devil. I answer, “Howdy, John.” he chuckles and says a simple ‘howdy’ back. We talk to each other over the phone at least once a day, just to schedule and catch up on whatever happened that day, it was a nice routine.

“Hey, John.” I decided that I was going to tell him about what I found out without incriminating SMii7Y at all. He answers with a mumble of some kind and I assume that that’s my queue to continue, “So, I was watching some of your videos today…” I wait for him to reply, he makes no sound whatsoever, “And I discovered something quite interesting about yourself.” He chuckles, “It’s nothing embarrassing is it?” I let out a tiny giggle before continuing, “No, at least I don’t think so? It’s about how you act just a tab bit differently when I’m around.” I could tell he got a bit anxious after I mentioned that, “Uh, whatever could you, uh, mean by that?” I chuckle, “You aren’t as vulgar when I’m around, I wanted to ask you why.” John nervously chuckles, “I might have decided that I wouldn’t be so vulgar around you because I thought it was off putting.” I chuckle and nod, “Well, stop it. You don’t have to act any other way around me then you do everyone else.” He sighs, “You know, SMii7Y tried telling me that and I just didn’t believe him.” I giggle, “No way you can make me stop enjoying my time around you.” I blush at how fucking cheesy that sounded. John starts laughing, “When we meet up again in person we need to, like, hang out somewhere. Just the two of us though, I don’t want SMii7Y getting in the way of our date.”

We made plans for our future “date” and I couldn’t stop blushing and giggling, I’m sure John was just as red though.