Movie Night

My newest YT hyperfixation is TheDooo... so have this 🥰

I walk leisurely into the kitchen, making my way to the screaming microwave. The popcorn inside still pops occasionally as I open the door to retrieve the steaming end of the bag. I gently shake the bag to let some of the steaming air escape, I pull the bag open while looking for a bowl to dump the snack into. To fill the now growing silence I start to hum, not really any song in particular. I just needed to hear something. I place the bowl on the counter and slowly pour the hot popcorn inside, continuing to hum the random melody.

While walking back into the living room, filled bowl in hand, I bop my head gently to the hum. I plop down onto the couch and place the bowl on the coffee table, pushing the legs that were resting on the smooth surface. A small chuckle leaves his lips, I sit up and look into his shining green eyes, "No feet on the table." He nods and looks back to the TV. There was still a hint of a smile playing at his features. Absent-mindedly I start to hum that melody again, I didn't even really hear myself. I looked at the TV to watch what Eric was looking through. Movie night was always fun in our home.

I'm suddenly made aware of my humming when suddenly I hear it coming from the man sitting next to me. My cheeks flush a deep shade of red instantly. I stopped humming immediately upon realizing, he happily continued the random tune. I look up at him, a slight glare in my eyes. He doesn't chance a glance my way. His Adam's Apple bobbing slightly as he tried to keep a laugh from slipping past his smirking lips. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the screen, he was reading the description of a terrible looking horror movie. Eric decides that the movie looks a bit too shitty and looks at the next shit horror movie, the melody continuing in his throat. I sigh slightly and quietly restart my own humming, it was just so quiet I couldn't sit in it.

Our humming only stopped when he had finally picked a movie, a shitty slasher film. His arm had ended up around my shoulders, I leaned into his side and rested my head on his shoulder gently. The tips of my fingers lightly played with the back of his hands and fingers. My free hand was reaching into the now half-filled bowl of popcorn every few seconds. I wasn't really watching the movie, I was more focused on my fingers outlining the veins on his hand. He moves his hand to get some popcorn, I subconsciously pout and squeak in disappointment quietly. Eric chuckles while chewing his fistful of popcorn, "What? You want me to starve?" My cheeks heat up ever-so-slightly. I nod, "Yes, if that means I get to keep your hand." He chuckles again but nods in understanding.

Once he finished the fistful of buttery goodness he wiped his hand off on the cloth shorts he was wearing. He placed his hand on the, hopefully, clean pant leg. This time his hand was facing upward, I lightly pressed my fingertips to his. He pressed back into my fingers lightly. My eyes are trained on the screen as I lightly grasp my fingertips against his calloused ones. He grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. My face floods with red again, it didn't matter how long I was with him I'd always get butterflies and awkward blushes around him.

His chuckle resonated in the room again, I looked at him slightly confused, "Could you feed me some popcorn?" I couldn't help the laugh that I barked out, "Yeah, of course." My free hand dips into the bowl and I pick up a few pieces of popcorn. Moving my arm to his mouth, I was going to drop the snack into his mouth so I wouldn't get spit all over my fingers. Eric had other plans, though, considering he quite literally wrapped his lips around my fingers to obtain the popcorn. My face twists in disgust as I pull my hand away from his face, "What the fuck?" He just ignores me and happily chews. I take my hand and wipe it off on his previously dirtied up short leg. "I'm not doing that again."

The movie ended, a yawn escaped my lips. He stretches and yawns as well. I look down at the bowl and sigh, "You want the rest of this?" He looks down and shrugs, taking the bowl from me. A stretch rippled through my own body as Eric started eating what's left of the popcorn. I stand up after turning the TV off and unexpectedly stretch again, another yawn making its way up my throat. The popcorn is practically inhaled by him, once the last of it is stuffed in his mouth he stands up and walks to the kitchen.

I take this time to walk to our bedroom. Considering today had been mostly just a chill day for the two of us, I didn't really have to change into a pair of pajamas. The sweatpants and oversized tee I put on this morning would suffice for sleepwear. So I just plopped down onto the bed and sighed sleepily, I heard someone enter the room. He flops down next to me, I glance at him and smile. Eric looks at me and laughs slightly, "Hey, baby." I giggle and feel that familiar blush take over my features. He chuckles when he sees the tinting of my face, another yawn leaves my mouth. I rub my eyes slightly as I say, "Hi…" I slither my way underneath the comforter and sheet on the bed. Another chuckle is heard from him as he stands up and peels the blankets back, slipping back onto the mattress. "Ya that tired, baby?" I nod slowly and quickly nuzzle myself into him, "Yes, goodnight." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me in closer to him. I feel a small peck placed on the top of my head, "Night, (Y/N)." I inhale his scent and slowly drift off into possibly the most peaceful sleep I have ever had.