Demon (Extended)

A single person requested this and honestly 👀 I wanted to before then too so here it is. It's gonna get spicy so enjoy demon Jakob! 😈

My cheeks heat up slightly as I scoff and roll my eyes, Jakob had an awkward smile painting his features as the attempt at a pickup line hung in the air. I turn and walk away, "A for effort, bud." A frustrated sigh leaves his lips. Jakob was significantly less annoying now but I don't think I can handle his constant attempts at flirting with me for much longer. It was painful to witness and I hated the way he somehow made me blush.

After weeks of failed flirting attempts, Jakob disappeared? I hadn't seen or heard him in three days. Initially I felt a wave of relief wash over me, but when the third day rolled around and I hadn't heard from him at all I grew... worried? Which is stupid, worrying over some demon that was a pest to me not even a week ago. Maybe it just felt weird being in a quiet home all alone now? Yeah, that had to be this feeling.

It's been a full week now and I was definitely worried about Jakob. This was not only embarrassing but also frustrating. I shouldn't feel worried about him, of all... people? I don't know, all I knew was I was alone, bored, and anxiety ridden. With a sigh I walk slowly up the stairs, I need to relax and get my mind off of the damned demon. About halfway up the steps I heard a hushed voice. My fear peaked until I recognized that it was definitely Jakob's whisper, which filled me with some form of relief. I continue trekking up the stairs only to hear another voice, so he's bringing others here now? Without even asking?

With annoyance lacing through my veins I storm through the office door, "Jakob." Two heads snap to look at me, "Oh, hey, (Y/N)." He smiled awkwardly at me, "Sorry I've been gone." I roll my eyes, "It was a blissful week until you brought..." My eyes snapped to the new face, he was chuckling awkwardly and waved a hand at me, "I'm Trevor." I give a tight-lipped smile, "Trevor to my home without asking." Jakob nods slowly and his lips upturn into that stupid smirk, "What? Are you scared of there being two demons in your house?" I roll my eyes and shake my head, Trevor snorts, "Dude, she's not even slightly scared." And the two started bickering with each other like teenage boys. I sigh and just walk away, why did I worry about him? He's so annoying.

Apparently all demons acted the way Jakob does. Trevor was slightly less annoying and a tiny bit better at the whole scary thing, but still extremely annoying. It appears they're just friends? And Jakob has been asking Trevor for advice so I've been dealing with an onslaught of two amateur demons trying to terrorize me. It was becoming exhausting.

I feel a heavy weight on my shoulders, my eyes peer up into the eyes of the new demon. All of his teeth were sharpened and looked like pointy rocks at the bottom of a cliff, they were even uneven while sitting in his mouth. The wide, shark-like smile that nearly split his face in half was admittedly terrifying. His eyes were dull and lifeless. My heartbeat picked up in speed slightly but I took in a deep breath and smiled at Trevor, "Good go, Trev, truly terrifying." And I turn my attention back to the dishes I was peacefully cleaning before the interruption. The weight was lifted and I could hear a whispered, "Nah, bro, I really think she's broken." And the chilled feeling that always seems to follow them disappeared. I snort to myself, it's kind of pathetic how unscary they are.

An unfortunate side effect to my worry for Jakob being gone and him being back was that those stupid dreams came back too. At least he's learned to stay out of my head since the last time, I can attempt to enjoy the hint of excitement it brings me. I need to get out more.

I could hear them talking in my office, it was practically their room now. All I really heard was, "C'mon man! You can't leave yet! She's still not scared!" And Trevor just sighing in response. With a small, victorious smile I walked back downstairs. I'm going to celebrate by lounging on my couch and ordering takeout, maybe Jakob will go with Trevor and finally leave me alone.