Party

Part two to library, enjoy 🥰

We walked together every Friday to the library. I'd wait patiently for her last class to end, she'd walk up with that comforting excitement glinting in her eyes. We'd walk side by side all the way to the building, she'd read or do some homework and I'd attempt to do the same. I found out why she left at the same time every Friday before, she wanted to limit the time she spent there. She has a tendency to let time slip past her. But now that I tagged along she'd allow herself to stay a bit later. I smiled at her as she lightly skipped towards me, a shining smile adorning her features. "Cameron!" I chuckle slightly, she always called me Cameron. No matter how many times I told her to call me Cam, she never did. "(Y/N)!" She giggles and we start walking our normal route. She started talking about the new book series she started reading, I happily listened to her excited ramblings.

My eyes were trained on my feet as we walked, I noticed that my normal strides were causing her to quicken her own pace. I smirk to myself and walk faster, taking longer strides than normal. She trailed behind me slightly, focusing more on her storytelling than walking beside me. Then her feet picked up the pace again, but she was still trailing behind me. I look at her and smile, actively listening to her words. She goes quiet once I walk slightly faster. (Y/N) halts completely. I turn around, feigning confusion. "Are you doing that on purpose?" I furrow my brows further, "Doin' what?" Her cheeks puff in frustration, I smirked at her. She's so cute. "You know what I'm talking about." I shake my head, that smirk still playing on my lips, "I really don't." She rolls her eyes and starts walking again, "Yeah, sure."

She goes back to her thoughts, still speaking in that adorable excitement. I had started walking at my normal pace again, my long strides still somewhat hard for her to keep up with. I look ahead and see the stairs that lead up to the library, perfect. As soon as we reached the steps I took two or three at a time, my smirk returned as I watched her attempt to do the same. "You're a dick, Cameron." I chuckled at her words and stopped at the top of the steps. She was still desperately trying to take two steps at a time, "What do you mean?" She huffs out and bounds up the stairs normally, brushing past me and opening the door. She walked in, I followed behind still chuckling, "You know what I mean." I shake my head and look down at her, "I really don't, sorry." She rolls her eyes and sets her bag down at our table. Our table. It still felt weird calling it that, it still felt weird that we talked to each other at all.

We sat in silence. I had my laptop open and buzzing in front of me, I wasn't really looking at the careen though. My eyes were trained on (Y/N)'s face, she was so deeply absorbed into her book that she didn't even seem to notice my staring. She turns a page quickly and leans closer to the book, like if she wasn't closer she'd miss the words on the page. A strand of her hair fell in front of her face as she leaned in, she didn't even bother tucking it back behind her ear. I watched as her eyes quickly flicked over the pages, that twinkling excitement causing me to smile. Without really thinking I lifted my hand and moved the strand away from her face. This broke her out of her intense trance, her eyes met mine and her face turned a light shade of pink. The hand that tucked the strand of hair away from her face shot to the back of my neck and I let out an awkward cough, "Sorry." She smiles and shrugs, "You're fine, thanks." And she turned back to her book. I sigh quietly and turn to my laptop, why was I still so awkward around her?

I surprisingly got some homework done, I really didn't want to be caught staring after the whole hair thing. I slot my laptop into my bookbag and look over at (Y/N) she was halfway through her book now, "Let me get to the end of this chapter?" I nod and chuckle, as if I ever rush her to stop reading. My phone buzzed and brought my attention away from her, "Where tf r u?" I sigh, I still hadn't told any of my friends about this. About (Y/N) either. It's not that I was embarrassed about her or anything. I just didn't want the invasive questions that I knew they'd ask. I quickly type back a response and pocket my phone. (Y/N) shuts the book and smiles happily, walking over to the check out desk. I picked up her bag and walked over to her, handing it to her once she had secured the book. We walked out of the library, she was talking about the book's plot and how interesting it was. I smiled as we walked towards the campus parking lot.

We stood at her car for a couple minutes, she was still talking about her book. My phone violently buzzes again but I ignore it, smiling down at her as she continues. She giggles slightly and looks at her wrist, that never had a watch on it ever, "It's getting late, huh?" I chuckle and nod. Then we stood there in a comfortable silence, neither one of us wanted to go. This happens every Friday. I start to rub the nape of my neck, my phone buzzes again. "I guess I should…" she awkwardly chews on the inside of her lip and reaches for her car's handle. My phone buzzes again and in slight panic I open my mouth, "Are you doin' anything tonight?" That familiar sparkle in her eye returns as she shakes her head. I sigh, "There's a party I'm supposed to be at tonight." I expected her face to fall but she still looked excited, "I know you don't normally go to parties but I know that house and there's places we can go that no one else goes too." She nods and smiles wildly, "I'll go! A party with you doesn't sound like the worst thing!" I was shocked but shrugged it off quickly, "Cool! Follow me to my place? We can take my car." She nods and enters her vehicle. Great. Now I have to tell everyone what I've been doing every Friday.

I parked in front of the house and sigh, "Oh! I remember this place!" My eyes shifted to her, she was quickly unbuckling the seat belt but still looking out the window at the large house. We step out of my car at the same time and walk beside each other as we make our way to the front door, with another sigh I open the door. I'm immediately met with Eric, "Cam! Where the fuck have you been?" I chuckle and nod down to (Y/N), "We were at the library, sorry I'm a bit late." She looks up confused at me. We were the first people here, other than my friends that lived in the house. "Oh, alright well, did you bring…?" I nod and turn back to the door, I can't believe I forgot to grab it from the car, "Come help me." And we lugged in the different types of liquor quickly. I turn to (Y/N) who was, surprisingly, cheerily talking with Mason and Tobi, I walk over and smile down at her, "So, you two've been doin' this for how long?" Oh, I guess they were talking about me. "Couple months." (Y/N) looks up at me and glares jokingly, "You haven't told your friends about me?" I chuckle awkwardly, great this was what I was worried about. She giggles, "I'm kidding!" She turns to Tobi and Mason and starts talking again. I wasn't really listening, just staring down at her. Maybe I should have told everyone sooner, she seems to like them.

People flooded the house quickly, I made sure to stay close to (Y/N) but she rarely talked to me. She practically made it her mission to meet everyone of my friends and each time she'd say something about how I must not like her since I don't talk about her. Everytime the joke made me blush awkwardly. She was also drinking, way more than I thought she'd drink. I could tell she was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol when she started leaning on me to keep her balance. I never thought I'd see her in such a state, honestly. Her hazy eyes gazed up at me and she smiled brightly at me, "Cameron!" I chuckle, "(Y/N)!" She giggles and wobbles slightly, grabbing onto my arm for balance, "Your friends are great!" I smile and nod, "I'm glad ya think so." She giggles again, this time a small hiccup breaking the laughter up. I could feel my face heat up slightly, so cute.

Not long after that (Y/N) felt a bit sick, so I walked her to the nearest bathroom. She didn't munt so that's a positive, but she did want to lay down. I texted Tobi, asking if we could use her room, "Of course! ;)" I rolled my eyes and led (Y/N) to Tobi's room, locking the door behind us. She hiccups constantly and quietly, "Thanks," her eyes look out the glass doors in the room, "What's that?" Her finger attempts to point. I chuckle, "A balcony." Her eyes meet with mine and somehow that spark of excitement ignites through her glazed vision. She walks towards the glass doors, "Let's go out there!" I nod and walk her out to the balcony.

She flopped down on the small outside furniture, her hand sloppily pats the open spot next to her. I sat down and looked at her, she was staring blankly at the dark sky. Her eyes shift to me quickly and her smile returns, "Thanks for bringing me tonight." I nod and smile, "It's been really fun." She leans into me. I wrap an arm around her almost on instinct and chuckle, "I'm glad you came." She giggles and scoots closer to me. There was a comfortable silence that fell over us, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She kept staring out in front of her, her smile never leaving her face. I hear her sigh, "Next Friday we should skip the library." My face crinkled in confusion, "We should go somewhere else." I noticed her cheeks turning a darker shade of red and she cleared her throat, "Like a date or something." She turned to me. The shock that rattled in me quickly disappeared and I nodded almost frantically, "Yeah, sure." That burst of excitement sparks in her eyes and she giggles. Before I could even register what she was doing, her lips were on mine in a gentle kiss. I pressed further into the kiss and smiled slightly.

Her lips parted from mine but she stayed so close to my face, "I've wanted to do that since our last kiss " I let out a breathy chuckle, without another word lightly pressing my lips to hers again. I'm so glad she noticed me at the library.