You Can't Be Jealous During a Job

This is loosely based off of the Uncharted movie and games, I just watched movie and started playing the games and thought this was a neat ass idea. It's Fitz x reader and kinda cheesy I think, enjoy. 🥰

I rolled my eyes as everyone's gaze fell on me, a groan slipping past my lips as my slight irritation grew, "Absolutely not." Ryan walks closer to me with a pleading look, "C'mon, (Y/N)! You can have the biggest cut, this is our biggest job yet!" I huff under my breath and cross my arms over my chest, "Why me?" Everyone groans, every single one of them. Eric rolls his eyes, "You know why." Another huff of agitation leaves me, "Fine!" There's a sigh of relief that fills the air, "But," another collection of groans is heard, I smirk slightly, "I don't wanna be the only one on that floor." Slow nods and mumbles of agreement bounce around in the room. Ryan looked me dead in the eyes and smiled, "Deal!"

I entered the hotel, strolling in like I owned the place. The quiet clicking of my strappy heels mixing with all of the other footsteps. I walk up to the front desk with a small smile, sticking my hand into my clutch and pulling out the small invitation. "I'm here for the… event." I slide the card stock paper on the smooth surface, I receive a curt nod and wide smile that was surely fake, "Of course, ma'am." I scoff and roll my eyes internally, on the outside I gave the same nod. I was led into the ballroom of the hotel, where every other nicely dressed patron was going or already inside. I nod again and give a polite thanks, walking to the exact location I needed to be in.

My hands smooth over the blush colored fabric that hugged my body. "You need to look as clueless as possible." I sigh as I think back on those words, Eric put things so elegantly. I blink a few times and look up, putting on the best doe eyes I could. My eyes shifted all around the huge room, an art auction was about to begin and I needed to sit next to a certain person. The target. My eyes lock with a familiar set of eyes, Cameron. He was the other body on the floor with me. I quickly look away and see him.

"He's known as the Big Guy. His name is Johnathan Schlatt and he's filthy rich." Everyone nodded around the table, a picture of Schlatt thrown on the surface. I snorted, "Mutton chops?" A few giggles resonated in the room, Ryan sighed and threw out two more photos, "This is Ted and Charlie, his right hand men." I nod slowly and take in the three faces. "(Y/N) will enter the auction and somehow get his attention, you need to find a way to sit with him." I rolled my eyes as everyone's gaze fell on me, a groan slipping past my lips as my slight irritation grew…

I start to wander around, attempting to keep that clueless look in my eyes. I didn't keep my eyes on Schlatt for too long, I needed to get to him. As I slowly make my way to the target I grab a glass of champagne. Once I'm close enough I turn my back to the man and walk backwards slowly. I could hear his booming voice as he spoke to some random man. With a deep breath I "stumble" backwards and bump into him.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so, so sorry!" He looked angry the moment he turned around. I frantically look around the room as I notice his spilt drink, "Oooh! I'm so, so sorry!" I look to a nearby table and grab one of the cloth napkins haphazardly and start frantically patting at the small, practically invisible stain. I could feel his anger melt away as I delicately patted at his chest. My pleading eyes locked on his, he was smirking, "It's okay, really. I can just buy another suit." I smile up at him sheepishly, "Oh…"

It was almost too easy. Men truly were clueless. "You're sure I can sit here?" He nods and smirks down at me, "Of course!" His hand was pressed flat against the small of my back as he urged me into the seat he had pulled out for me. I giggle and sit in the chair, smoothing out the silk fabric of my dress, "Thank you." He chuckles and nods, sitting down beside me, "No, thank you." I give him a quizzical look, "For gracing me with your beauty." I smile and look down at my hands. I mumble another thanks. The auction was going to start in just a few seconds, now time to start the second part of the plan.