17. Love?

The book is now called 'The SEVEN PHASES of Marriage.' I'm the least creative in naming but I tried. Hope you like the new cover too.🥰

_________________________________

Sunday morning was bright and sunny. Siddharth relaxed, returning from the jog before his phone rang.

"Morning, Dad!" Siddharth greeted, answering the call. It's been a long since he conversed with his father.

"How are you, son?"

"I'm good," Siddharth spoke.

"Really? I thought we were good friends," Kishore chuckled. Avni's parents called him a few minutes ago and invited them to the festival.

"Alright! I miss my wife, and I feel terrible," Siddharth sulked. There is no point in denying his feelings in front of his father.

Siddharth always found a great friend in his father. His father remained the strongest support during tough times. The men laughed together, talking about anything and everything.

If their mother pampered them and took care of them, their father was playful and friendly.

"Tell me more, son," Kishore laughed.

"Everything I do, every corner of the house, reminds me of her. She completely occupies my thoughts. I hear her bangles clicking against each other, her laughter that resembles the chime of bells, the tinkling of her anklets so clearly when I close my eyes and let my thoughts take over. I feel as if I never had a life before marrying her, Dad!" Siddharth explained, recalling Avni.

"Is it so?"

"Yeah! I'm so frustrated! I sure had a life before marrying her, which vanished all of a sudden. Life has become so mechanical these days. I can't seem to live without her anymore," Siddharth sighed.

"Don't overthink. I assure you it's a good thing," Kishore advised.

"What?" Siddharth frowned, not understanding.

"I felt the same way about your Mom too," Kishore said, recalling his life with Renuka.

"Why?" The question slipped out of his mouth.

"It's called LOVE, Dear son! You're in love with your beautiful wife," Kishore declared.

LOVE?

Is it?

Loving Avni is something he is scared of...

Siddharth could neither figure out the intensity of her love towards Santosh nor a way to heal her broken heart. He wasn't ready for heartbreak! 

The lesser he involved his heart into this relationship till she moves on, the better would be his life.

It's been 11 days, 5 hours 54 minutes since Avni left. He missed her. The new confusion that it might be love frustrated him.

It's not like he shouldn't fall in love with Avni. The problem is he doesn't know how to win her yet.

Siddharth felt like his head might explode if he kept thinking. There were numerous questions. He checked his pocket and took out the note.

'I enjoy music. It's very relaxing... There is a playlist on my laptop.'

He smiled, reading her note. Music isn't his type, but he liked the idea of exploring her interests and knowing her.

Most songs were by Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, A.R Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal, and SPB. They were a perfect mix of pop music and classical Indian ragas. He smiled, realizing his girl was a perfect blend of modern thoughts and traditional values.