35. Dilemma

Happy Birthday, _xXMonyXx_

________________

Avni sat on the swing in the balcony. She appeared like an angel in a peach color frock, but her pale face indicated her inner turmoil.

"Is it Santosh?" Siddharth asked, sitting next to her.

"Was I wrong in whatever I did? Did I make a mistake by chasing him?" Avni couldn't control herself from speaking her thoughts out.

"Trust me, Siddharth. My intentions weren't bad. I didn't have a selfish motive and ego behind my efforts," Avni spoke in a shaky voice.

Avni was about to lean onto him but restrained herself. "Do you hate me for whatever I did?" Her voice was in mere whispers while she blankly stared at the sky. Her friends called her clingy, obsessive while others called her strong and genuine. But what Siddharth thinks only matters!

"I tried staying away from you in the initial days of marriage. I was heartbroken by your words on our first night. But I forgot my pain every time you were near. You have a unique and genuinely cute personality that I couldn't stay away from even when I tried hard. No matter how many times I told myself to act robotically with you, I couldn't. All my self-control dissolved when you smiled, and that's all before I fell irrevocably in love with you," Siddharth spoke his heart out, pulling her closer.

"If I couldn't hate you after facing the most brutal truth on a lovely night, you really think anything else has that power?"

"I'm Sorry, Siddharth. I really didn't mean to hurt you that night," Avni leaned onto his shoulder, regretting her actions all over again after his words. She almost forgot that night as their relationship progressed.

"Is this what you understood from everything I spoke?" He couldn't help feeling disappointed.

"It's you, Avni! When will you understand how special you are. You have a personality that can bring out kindness in the cruelest person," He groaned in frustration.

"Yeah! That's the reason Santosh broke me," She sighed.

"You're pissing me off now," He yelled in annoyance. "When I say you weren't wrong, you weren't. Everyone tries hard to pursue their love to some point. Things turned ugly because his words had uncertainty all the fucking time. He fucking kept quiet when you proposed. He never told you that he disliked you or had no interest in marriage. Remember how you said to him that you wish to be the girl he marries and would wait all your life with a simple Yes?

And that guy was so full of himself that he never regarded your feelings and the damage he is doing. I cannot blame him for being selfish, and you got to learn some harsh realities of the world," He muttered, his face furious.

"You called him because you never understood what went wrong that he suddenly cut all ties. Any normal person would never think someone isn't interested in marriage. You left him when he explained his idea of no attachment. Stop blaming yourself!"

The moment he saw her face shining in the moonlight, he forgot all the burning rage. Her almond eyes and trembling lips calmed him instantly.

"This is what you do to me, baby girl! It's always been this way. The moment I look into these innocent hazel blue orbs, I forget the entire world and fall in love with you all over again," He wiped the tears cascading down her cheeks and knelt in front of her.

"Society has different ways of speaking, and it always tends to point out faults. If the same Santosh agreed at the end, everyone would praise you for standing strong and fighting till the end. They point their fingers at you and degrade you in horrible ways now that it has failed. Never take their opinion into consideration," He explained patiently.