30. Fun with Friends

Here's your update for the weekend! Enjoy :) Do share your views!

____________

Avni got dressed in a semi-formal outfit to attend Knight Hotels for the presentation. She shivered with nervousness and the excitement of stepping forward.

"Avni," Siddharth called, knocking on the door, unable to comprehend why she took longer to get ready. He woke up with her, took a bath, and got ready in minutes. Also, for the first time, he added a wish with a prayer to give her strength and keep her calm.

Avni hesitantly opened the door and came out. The tension was clearly evident on her face as she fidgeted with her dress.

"Let's go?" Siddharth asked to which Avni nodded in response.

Avni was lost in thoughts all the time, thinking through things, and Siddharth let her silently, observing her from time to time.

The car came to a halt after half an hour, and Avni got down after Siddharth opened the door.

"Here are everything you'll need," He handed her a file, pen drive, handbag, and forwarded a water bottle later.

Avni never really trusted anyone with her things. She keeps cross-checking no matter how neatly her mother packs them for her. But with Siddharth, she doesn't feel the need. She trusted him to take care of her.

Avni frowned, seeing the bottle. "Taking a sip occasionally relieves tension and builds peace." Avni smiled at his thoughtfulness.

Siddharth inched closer, and his lips lingered on her forehead for a while before pulling away. "Good luck, baby girl!" He whispered. She could clearly read encouragement, support, and love from his face.

Avni felt peaceful all of a sudden from that small gesture. There was no trace of tension, anxiety, and nervousness anymore, and she could only wonder how his simple gesture could establish peace in her somewhat messed-up mind.

Moving into the hotel, Avni was guided into a conference room where there were a bunch of people who greeted her with a smile. She shook hands with Mr. Knight, a middle-aged man with gentleness.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Avni K... Malhotra, a graduate from... " She began and quickly corrected her surname with a smile. Using Siddharth's surname for the first time brought joy in her and a sense of belonging.

Avni continued with the presentation going through every detail and explaining everything to the best of her abilities.

Every member in the conference hall listened intently to her presentation with no expression on their faces. Avni's nervousness slowly started building up, and she quickly excused herself, pretending to search for water.

Her gaze fell upon the ring on her left hand, and Siddharth's image flashed across her mind. His memory seemed to calm her down, and she continued the presentation.

"Everything went well?" Siddharth asked, hiding the swirling emotions filled in him. He is more nervous than her but only did an excellent job pretending to be calm. He was confident of her skills but couldn't help being anxious.

"Yeah. But, I know nothing for now," Avni replied with a small smile.

"You did your part. Leave the rest!"

_________

"Thank you!" Siddharth exclaimed, and his lips turned up in a huge smile.

"Who was it?" Avni asked, observing him answering her phone.

"I told you right! They loved your idea, baby girl! They want to discuss some details later this week," Siddharth enthusiastically confirmed. Her success is reflected on his face.