26. Fireworks

I am kinda confused as many people chose to be silent on last update. I hope you liked it cause I did my best with last update. Do let me know if something is majorly wrong or the story is becoming boring! Pretty pleaseeeeee! Constructive criticism is very much appreciated!

Is the story too slow with routine stuff? Please feel free to tell me if you feel so!! I'm kinda stressed about this!

____________________

Siddharth leaned in closer as she shyly closed her eyes in anticipation. He took his sweet time to bend to her level, observing her flushed cheeks and shy smile. She looked gorgeous.

"I love you, Avni," Siddharth whispered, to which she opened her eyes that twinkled in joy. Her heart skipped a beat as he covered the little distance and gently touched the corner of her lips with his.

Avni felt an electric spark run through her body as his warm fuller lips touched her soft, luscious ones. Fireworks erupted in the sky as he looked into her hazel blue orbs for a moment and angled her face.

Siddharth felt a rush of unknown feelings, and his heartbeat escalated as he grazed her lower lip. Avni's hand automatically moved behind his neck while the other one rested against his heart.

Their lips moved in perfect sync and slow motion as he took all the time feeling her softness against his rough lips. Her feet became numb, and she let go letting him support her.

Avni could feel the care and love he had for her in the way he held her and kissed her. She would cherish their first kiss forever.

Siddharth left her as she ran out of breath. "Got to teach you breathing in between the kiss," He chuckled as their foreheads rested against each other.

Avni shook her head, gently hitting his chest, and smiled. 

"Shameless," Avni muttered.

"You haven't known anything yet," He smirked, teasing her.

They cut the cake, but none focused on the poor pastry. Their mind is filled with the memories of their kiss.

"Gulab Jamun," Avni's eyes widened as she noticed the sweet in Siddharth's hand.

"Amma makes it for your birthday. Thought I'll try this time," Siddharth hesitantly said. He is not an expert in cooking but is learning for her.

"Really?" Avni's heart melted at his sweet trial. Siddharth took a spoonful and fed her.

"Yummy!!!!" Avni moaned as the sweet melted in her mouth. She closed her eyes, relishing its taste. She then fed Siddharth a spoonful, and both of them had lots of fun enjoying their dinner.

They later played with environment-friendly crackers that Siddharth exclusively ordered.

_______

Avni leaned onto Siddharth's shoulder and hugged his hand as he settled next to her.

"What are you thinking of?" He asked.

"Us..."

"What about us?" He smiled, playing with her long silky hair as she comfortably lay in his lap.

"That we came a long way. From complete strangers to friends to couple. I wonder why you didn't throw me out on the first day," Avni giggled, playing with her wedding chain.

"As much as I would like to forget that unfortunate first night, I also developed a certain respect for you that day. It kept me going," Siddharth admitted.

"You removed every piece of jewelry except this wedding chain. I realized marriage isn't a game for you either. And the day you prevented food wastage at reception, I realized how beautiful you are and how perfect my parents' choice is," He explained as she smiled.