21. Clear Sky

"Get ready, soon! We have to cross-check if everything is done," Sahil shouted, sipping on his coffee.

Avni opened the door, adjusted her top, and gracefully walked out of her bedroom. The morning freshness added to her beauty, but her eyes were swollen.

"What's ...?" Sahil began, but Avni cut him off, understanding his question. They had their breakfast and proceeded towards the car.

"Why are your eyes swollen? Haven't you slept at all?" Sahil broke the silence once they settled inside the car.

"I couldn't sleep. I told Siddharth to read my diaries," Avni mumbled.

"Why would you do that? Gone completely mad?" Sahil gasped in shock. He knew Avni's honesty, but it was way too much this time. Their relation entered the right track only a few days ago, and Siddharth probably doesn't know Avni too well.

"I felt he should know my past. You know I read a lot. The twist in most stories is due to these sorts of hidden sensitive issues or misunderstandings. Thought it's better to reveal everything beforehand cause my life is no novel."

Sahil shook his head in amusement and opened the door for her upon reaching their destination. They proceeded into the wedding hall and started inspecting the decorations.

"But, what if he can't handle it? Every husband desires to be the only man in his wife's life," Sahil expressed his doubt counting the boxes of gifts. It was he who advised Avni all the time when she asked such questions. But, today, she acted more mature and collected. He wanted to test it.

"Well, I don't think there's a woman on earth who has only one man in their life," Avni chuckled.

"What?" Sahil frowned, not expecting the answer. He could feel his training had become fruitful.

"The relationships we share with different people are different. I have my father, friends, brothers, and, similarly, Santosh. Siddharth should understand he has his place in my life, and Santosh is no competition."

Avni thought she could never replace Santosh with someone else. But, situations taught her that there is no need for replacement.

A woman's heart is an ocean with unlimited love. She doesn't have to empty the love she has for Santosh to give it to Siddharth.

The only problem she had throughout was his memories that haunted her every moment and hurt her. They don't anymore as Siddharth remained by her side, welcoming new happiness every moment.

"That's clarity, girl!" Sahil chuckled. He couldn't help wondering if she was the same girl he had met four years ago.

"Also, I want him to sense my weaker side and how stubborn I can be when I know I'm not wrong. I am eager to see how it ends up, though," Avni added, tying her hair into a bun.

They wrapped the gifts and attached tags to deliver them to the right people, happily chatting about everything under the sky.

"Let's have lunch?" Sahil suggested noting the time on his wristwatch.

"Yeah. Let's go to Piya's house."

Avni smiled, having lunch with a bunch of friends, but it didn't reach her eyes. She checked her phone every few minutes, expecting a call or a text from Siddharth, but none came. She sighed in disappointment. She hoped he would understand her.

"Tonight is the girls' night. Yayyyy!" One of her friends cheered.

_________

Siddharth entered his cabin returning from a conference, and settled on his chair. He grabbed a remote and pressed the button to close the sliding door.