43. Phew!

Here's your update! I'm so sorry I couldn't repond to your comments. Been hell lot busy with life. A big thanks for all the patience.

Thanks for all the new readers who gave my story a chance. Hope you enjoyed reading it. Do say Hey to me

____________________

"He's going to be alright. It wasn't anything major," Santosh comforted sitting next to her while she sat numb.

Avni pleaded with him for confirmation, desperately clinging to hope.

"Yes, Avni. You both saved each other," Santosh assured placing his hand above hers.

Santosh recalled the incident as Avni sat there like a statue.

"Avni, move away," Siddharth yelled, noticing a truck hitting a pole. It took an unusual turn and sped towards her. She couldn't hear him over the noise.

Siddharth bolted towards her and pulled her towards him just in time. The truck collapsed a huge wall before breaking down.

Siddharth's feet hit a rock and they slipped with Avni on top of him. His head was about to hit a sharp stone but she placed her hand below his head, thus protecting him from a major accident. He hurt his hand and back in the process.

Numerous questions ran through his head. Santosh witnessed the incident but he didn't have the guts to place Avni's life above his. He stood motionless like a statue. But Siddharth risked his life in a blink to save Avni. Moreover, he had never seen Avni this restless and worried in the seven years he knew her.

Santosh excused himself to grab a glass of water for Avni.

"The patient is alright. Please don't worry." The doctor, an old man in grey hair, walked towards her with a small smile.

Warm tears ran down her cheeks as she felt huge relief.

"Can I see him?" Avni pleaded, standing up with slight difficulty.

"Sure. But it might take a few hours for him to regain consciousness, Mrs. Malhotra. His back and hand needed a few stitches. We gave him sedatives to reduce pain," the doctor explained and added, "He's also very weak. He lost a lot of blood."

"He'll recover soon, right?" she asked with hope.

"Of course, Mrs. Malhotra. Take proper care of him and the wounds will heal," the doctor assured her, comforting her.

"Thank you very much," she said, expressing her gratitude.

"Thanks," she replied, grabbing the glass of water Santosh got for her.

"He's alright now. Go home," Avni suggested, observing his tired face.

"Not before I clean your wound," Santosh smiled taking her hand into his. He gently cleaned the bruises on her fingers and wrapped them up with a bandage.

"Are you alright? Emotionally?"

"I'm good now," Avni said with a small smile. He might have hurt her in the past but she could see how he had turned into a better person. He constantly comforted her throughout the day and stayed by her side. She appreciated his gesture.

"I can stay. You seem tired too." He tried to convince.

"It's alright. You should really get some sleep," Avni replied, sounding confident. She left no space for him to argue anymore. She is exhausted.

Avni took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself and opened the door to Siddharth's room. She slowly stepped towards him observing him all the while.