44. Love & Laughter

Before you guys doubt, let me clarify. No! I'm definitely not stopping this story in between. It's just that I'm super busy and don't really get the time and mood to write.

Thanks everyone for loving this story and bearing with my irregular episodes.

-------------------

"Are you sleeping inside?" Avni knocked on the washroom door.

"I need a few more minutes, baby girl," Siddharth shouted from the other side.

"What for? Open the door now," She ordered, continuing to knock on the door.

Avni laughed hard, spotting Siddharth. Oil dripped from his hair and covered his entire body.

"Don't laugh," He sulked, trying to grab a towel nearby. Avni was quick enough to react and stopped him from reaching the towel.

"Sit," She guided him towards the chair and went behind him. Grabbing a few tissues from the side, she wiped away the excess oil from his neck and back. She smiled, noticing the wounds that had almost healed. Luckily they left no scars.

Turning him around, she forgot the world around her. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, witnessing his bare torso from so close for the first time. Her fingertips itched to run along the perfect contours of his muscular abs.

Siddharth clicked his fingers, bringing her attention back. "Clean me," He smirked, meeting her eyes.

"You've become so shameless," Avni chided, looking down.

"I just got comfortable, baby girl," Siddharth shrugged. She slipped and fell into his lap as she tried running away.

Avni was about to get up, but Siddharth held her from moving away.

--

"Mix a little more dal. It's not spicy enough," Avni said, indicating a bowl.

"Okay!" Siddharth agreed, grabbing the bowl. He remixed the rice and forwarded a bite for her to eat.

"Amma and Papa totally deserve all the awards in the world. Such a big baby!" Siddharth scolded as she scraped a few grains of rice off his fingers.

"Why don't you take the whole bite into your mouth!" He complained.

"I'm afraid it's too spicy. Anyway, I had a lot and needed a break," Avni shrugged as if it was obvious.

"Who the hell takes a break in between having lunch?" Siddharth groaned in annoyance.

"Baby girl, You better not test my patience and finish this off," He warned, acting strict.

"But this is how I eat," Avni pouted, melting away all his anger.

"Please have a few more bites. You're my cutie-pie, right?" Siddharth pestered.

"Just this bite," Avni sulked, having the last bite from his hand.

"You need something?" Avni asked, getting up to wash her hands while Siddharth finished the leftovers on their plate.

"Water," Siddharth answered.

"Are you even an Indian? I highly doubt," He spoke, washing his hands.

"Thousand percent, Hubby! What makes you think otherwise?" Avni gasped in shock, halting the cleaning for a moment.

"Indian women used to eat leftovers from their husband's plate. Here you are, making me eat everything you dislike," He pointed out. She definitely took a test of his patience thrice every day.

"You dug the pit yourself. Enjoy it," Avni smiled, cleaning the dining table.

"I suggested feeding you for one day, and you completely took advantage of it. Moreover, you need to eat properly. You're worse than a little kid," Siddharth whined. Avni smiled sheepishly, hearing him out.