39. Stronger!

"Hey, careful," Santosh yelled upon entering the conference hall. Avni climbed onto a chair to fix the direction of the projector, and her foot was at the edge.

She was about to trip and fall, but Santosh rushed to her side and held her hand firmly. "Thank you," She smiled, balancing herself, and got down. His eyes had the care she once craved. She would've given him her entire life if he showed this little care while she was madly in love with him.

"Everything done?" Santosh questioned as his eyes wandered across the hall, admiring its perfection. Avni always takes her work seriously and puts in her best effort.

"Yes. Do you find anything missing?" She asked, wiping her hands with tissue nearby.

"Nope. Everything's perfect," He shrugged.

"Alright then! Let's go." Avni proceeded towards her cabin, followed by Santosh.

"Ewww. Why is your desk a mess?" Avni was taken aback, noticing the most clumsy file mountain.

"I didn't have time," He said, walking towards his desk and picking a file for her.

"Why do you have this file?" Avni frowned, taking the summary sheets she placed in Scarlett's cabin.

"Scarlett threw it in a bin. Probably to avenge yesterday," He casually spoke, occupying his seat.

"Thank you," Avni smiled, and she really meant it. He might not have saved her job or done a great deed considering Siddharth is her boss, but he showed some concern. It means a lot that he tried helping her. The new Santosh is a very changed man. Avni always considered him an unfriendly creature, but it's a surprise that even he knows being friendly.

"You should pay for it instead of thanking me," Santosh smirked. God! The smirk doesn't suit anyone except her hubby.

"Really?" Avni raised her brows.

"Clean my desk," He requested in a cute tone, and she couldn't deny it. She smiled, recalling Siddharth. He is the same while working and messes up everything. There would be multiple files, teacups, laptop, and a few pens scattered all over the desk in their house and she enjoys arranging them.

Siddharth entered his cabin just then, and Avni smiled brightly, glancing at him. She left the work she's been doing and proceeded towards his cabin.

"Ugly bitch," Avni muttered, noticing Scarlett entering his cabin. She stood at the entrance observing her actions. Siddharth seemed stressed and leaned against the chair with his eyes closed. Scarlett tiptoed near him and forwarded her hand, eventually trying to massage his neck.

Avni fisted her hands and knocked loudly on the door before Scarlett could touch her husband.

"Yes," Siddharth instantly opened his eyes and frowned upon noticing Scarlett dangerously close. He immediately moved backward, maintaining distance, and Scarlett smiled sheepishly. She was burning inside due to missed opportunity but faked a smile.

"Please come in," Siddharth turned to Avni with a smile.

"Please?" Scarlett frowned upon the usage. She had a wicked grin welcoming Avni. "Are you done with the file, Ms. Kashyap?" She innocently questioned.

"Yeah. Yesterday evening, I placed it on your desk," Avni responded, doing a LaLa dance inside.

"My desk? No, Ms. Kashyap. I locked it before leaving, and you never came before I left," Scarlett said, challenging her.

"No. I remember placing it on your desk," Avni played along.

"How could you be so reckless, Ms. Kashyap? I left locking my cabin like every other day. There's no way you could open my cabin. Also, the file is crucial for our presentation about to take place in an hour," Scarlett rambled on without ever slowing down. Avni enjoyed the show.