34. Facing the fate

Guys, 

I'm updating faster than usual and its definitely not easy. Please vote if you enjoy and leave a few words. They really make my day!😀😀

Also, Let's start SIDDHARTH MALHOTRA FAN CLUB! Who's joining?

_____________

"Hello, Avni!" Santosh's voice broke her trance and sent her heart into a frenzy. The voice she craved to hear, the presence she yearned to feel surprisingly couldn't bring out any happiness in her.

She continuously cried on numerous nights over his ignorance and his perfect lies --' I'm busy. I will call you later...' and the call never came while she awaited all night making a fool out of herself. It would've been so much easier if Santosh bluntly spoke the truth rather than preventing an outburst.

No. It's not his fault. If anyone is to be blamed, it's her for giving him lots of importance and a chance to break her bad. She doesn't hate him for pitying her. Isn't that what he said when she asked if he hated her? He pities her!

She was a teenage girl who made it to the hostel. Being protected like a delicate doll by her parents made it difficult to realize the reality of the world. She never hoped he to love her back. All she wanted was his acceptance to be with him and probably a soft heart that respects her love. Wasn't he the one who called her feelings bullshit?

The truth hit her hard. The little girl who dreamed of a prince charming lost all her hope in marriage. She always hated arranged marriage. Saying 'Yes' to a person you barely meet for a few minutes is a big 'No.'

Arranged marriages do work but with a compromise that leaves some deepest desires unfulfilled. According to her, only one out of a thousand are satisfactory, and she never expected herself to be super lucky to have one in millions --Especially when she was prepared to end up in a suffocating relationship. All thanks to her parents for gifting her the best, like always!

"Avni," Santosh called, breaking her trance.

"Hi," She greeted, ignoring all the memories that seemed to take a toll on her again. It was hard, but she managed somehow. Siddharth advised to pretend as normal as possible and see him only as an acquaintance. That's the only way to keep peace in her work life.

Avni stood up immediately from her seat and smiled hesitantly, lifting her head. She got used to keeping her head held high these days! Her husband is tall, and Santosh almost matched his height.

Avni had a hard time controlling her laughter, recalling a joke about how women can always talk with heads held high if men are taller.

"How are you?" Santosh asked in a soft tone taking her by surprise. The teenage girl would've weaved dreams and did a LaLa dance, but she knew better. It's only a formality for him.

"I'm great! Definitely not in a position where you can pity me," Avni had a sudden urge to throw a tantrum at him, but she behaved like a mature self. "I'm fine," She replied with a genuine smile moments later.

Forgiveness is the key to peace even when the person doesn't ask for it --Siddharth taught her recently. Forgiveness is a big word, but she would let go like Siddharth suggested. He didn't commit a crime, and she was the one at fault all the while.

Santosh could've done much worse --Taken advantage of her, cheated her in the ugliest possible way, answered her call, and taunted her with ill words. He never did any of them. For him, she is as good as waste in a bin --Never gets attention and something to be thrown out one-day overcoming laziness.

Santosh considered her 'Good' even after all that obsessive behavior with unending calls. It might be love for her, but it annoys him when he doesn't feel the same. She had mixed feelings, but the mission was to treasure good memories and leave the pain behind. He isn't a bad person. They were just not meant to be together.