25. A fantasy real

I was supposed to write this update by Diwali last year Lol! Here it is delayed by two months. Happy Reading and Happy Pongal to those who celebrate!!

_________________

Avni smiled, feeling a tickling sensation on her cheek. "Siddharth!" She moaned as his lips lingered on her face, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ears.

"Wake up, baby girl!" He whispered in her ear. She turned towards him as his hot breath touched her ears. "Five more minutes," She murmured in sleepy mode.

"There's a surprise for you if you wake up now."

Avni unwillingly pushed the comforter aside and sat down. She hugged him resting her head on his shoulder.

"Open your eyes, baby!" Siddharth whispered, holding her face. Her face brightened as her dear husband came into vision.

"Look there," Siddharth pointed towards the huge television screen and pressed a button on his phone.

"Happy birthday, bacha!" Avni's sleep vanished as her father wished her. That has always been the tradition to get the first wish from her Papa. She would wake him up on every birthday and get her wishes.

"Thank you, Papa!" Avni's face brightened. "Happy birthday, Avni," Her mother joined. Siddharth's parents appeared on the screen in a while and wished her.

"Demand a nice gift from Siddharth, sweetheart," Kishore advised winking at her to which Avni laughed.

"The gifts you sent are beautiful," Renu exclaimed. Avni purchased gifts for everyone close to her including servants of the house on the occasion of Diwali.

They spoke for a while before the call ended.

"How do you know?" Avni expressed her doubt.

"I read from your diary that Papa always wishes you first," Siddharth said, and Avni hugged him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Many more happy returns of the day, baby girl!" Siddharth smiled, handing her a bouquet of roses and orchids like every other day.

"Happy Diwali, Husband!" Avni smiled brightly in response to his wishes. She loved celebrating her birthday according to the Hindu calendar. She was born on Diwali and enjoyed celebrating her birthday with lots of lights around in a festive mood.

He then forwarded two boxes -- A small one above a rectangular bigger one.

"Two?" Avni's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Yeah! Go ahead and open," Siddharth crossed his arms, standing by the bedside, and observed her as she unfolded the bigger one first.

Avni was about to open the smaller box that lay on top first, but Siddharth gestured her to open the other one.

"Wow," Avni's mouth dropped in awe as she ran her hands over a beautiful, classy cream-colored lehenga. The dress was quite different from the ones she had tried previously and perfectly matched her skin tone.

Avni stood up on the bed in excitement and looked at herself in the mirror, placing the dress over her body. "This is so beautiful," She exclaimed.

"Not more than you," Siddharth responded in a haze enjoying her excitement.

"The other one," Siddharth reminded.

"What are these?" Avni frowned in confusion, taking a key from the gift box.

"Come with me," Siddharth said and guided her downstairs. He opened the main door and gestured for her to glance outside, saying, "It's for you."

A magnificent red car came into vision. Avni gasped moments later as realization dawned upon her. "Car keys?" She shrieked.