V. HOLDING ON TO YOU

29. Her Strength!

"Good morning," Siddharth greeted, walking into the hall after taking a quick shower. He frowned, getting no response from Avni, who was engrossed in her phone with AirPods plugged in.

Siddharth moved closer and sat next to her observing her watching Insta reels. He chuckled at her cuteness.

Just then, Avni diverted her attention, feeling his presence, and smiled. Her expressions changed in an instant, and she yelled, "What the hell is wrong with you, Siddharth?"

Siddharth was taken aback by her anger and gulped down his throat, mumbling, "What happened, baby girl?"

"Don't even! I'm tired of telling you every other day. When will you learn?" Avni shouted at him, turning to the opposite side.

"Sorry," Siddharth whispered, kneeling in front of her and holding her chin. Avni's heart melted at that sweet apology, and she could no longer remain angry.

She recalled her mother-in-law's words, "It's not an easy task to get an apology from Kanna unless he really loves the person." He never apologized the other day when she accidentally spilled the dirt on a stranger but explained the situation with patience.

"Go and get a towel," She ordered in a stern tone, and Siddharth obliged like an obedient kid.

"Please dry your hair properly after taking a head bath. You'll catch a cold otherwise," Avni explained, drying his partially wet hair while he kneeled in front of her closing his eyes.

Avni felt a sudden urge to run her fingers through his medium-length silky black hair. His skin shone as early morning sun rays fell on his face adding extra charm to his morning freshness.

"Where do you want to go today?" Siddharth asked, breaking her trance. He had already made some plans but wanted to know if she had any particular place in mind.

"Anything's fine," Avni replied, gesturing him to sit next to her. He didn't fail to recognize the lack of enthusiasm in her voice.

As soon as he sat beside her, Avni leaned onto his shoulder and closed her eyes. "Are you alright?" He quickly checked her temperature, placing his hand on her forehead and stomach.

"I am on my periods." Avni did not hesitate to let him know. He earned her trust through his actions.

"That explains the mood swings," Siddharth chuckled, kissing her hair and inhaling her fruity fragrance. He sat next to her the whole day after ordering some period-related stuff online, going through multiple websites.

"Siddharth," Avni called moments later and expressed her silly doubt, "What do men know about periods?" She always had the question at the back of her mind but never voiced it. Now that she has the right one, she asked.

Siddharth thought for a while before answering and replied, "It's a cleaning process of a woman's body. Their body is more tender during the monthly cycle."

Upon noticing that her curiosity isn't satisfied from her facial expressions, he continued, "Also, The uterus prepares itself expecting a baby which is flushed out through the vagina during a monthly cycle."

"Very nicely put," Avni smiled, adoring her husband, who explained everything without making her uncomfortable at all.

Days passed in bliss as they visited numerous beautiful places that week. Everything seemed like a sweet dream to Avni, which only Siddharth could create.

"Avni," Siddharth called from the bedroom on a Saturday afternoon. She lazily got up from the couch, turned the TV off, and proceeded towards the bedroom.