46. Under the bridge

I certainly didn't expect a lot of love on the teaser. Thank you, guys. Here is an update as promised! Do comment and that will encourage me to write more :)

Note : 

The gondola is a traditional, flat-bottomed Venetian rowing boat, well suited to the conditions of the Venetian lagoon.

___________________

"You look stunning, baby girl," Siddharth whispered into her ear as she observed herself in the mirror. Wearing a navy blue designer piece, she indeed appeared ravishing. He hugged her by the waist from behind while she wore her earrings.

"You don't look bad yourself, hubby," Avni winked, turning towards him and pinching his cheeks. He appeared just as ravishing in a navy blue shirt and black suit.

"You can judge my looks once we enter the party," Siddharth smirked, challenging her. Avni shrugged, not understanding his tease.

"Wear flats," Siddharth advised sternly while Avni looked for matching footwear.

"I have plenty of heels," She pouted, checking out her Louboutins.

"You're not used to them. Remember the last time you almost skid?"

"You caught me in time. Moreover, I'll look like a dwarf next to you," She pestered.

"Better behave, baby girl," Siddharth warned, grabbing a pair of flats.

"No. I want heels." Avni declared, grabbing a silver pair of Louboutins.

"Your wish," Siddharth agreed, sighing in annoyance at her stubbornness. His wife can be too childish and stubborn at times. Arguing with her would lead the discussion nowhere, and they're already running half an hour late.

"Be careful," He mumbled, looking straight into her eyes. His thumb automatically ended up rubbing over her cheek.

"I will," Avni assured, giving him a peck on the cheek.

--

"There are numerous reporters and cameramen," Siddharth sighed in disappointment as they reached the party venue. "No pictures and questions," He instructed the guard through the phone.

Avni gasped in surprise as the world around stilled for a moment. Everyone's eyes were on Siddharth once he got down from the black limousine, and they forgot what they were doing.

Avni's eyes grew round as she observed her surroundings. There wasn't a single person who hadn't noticed Siddharth. Women were publicly drooling over his looks while men stood still, disturbed by his powerful aura.

"Shall we, baby girl?" Siddharth opened the door for her and forwarded his hand. "Baby girl," He called, bringing her out of her trance.

Avni took his hand and balanced herself. She started taking slow steps, holding his hand firm.

"Are you really THE Siddharth Malhotra?" Avni whispered into his ear, biting her nails.

"What?" Siddharth chuckled, taken aback by her question. "Just because your nails finally grew a tad bit doesn't mean you have to bite," He laughed quietly, moving her fingers away.

"That's because I'm not in a super confused state these days," Avni stated as a matter of fact. "I know you're my husband. It's easy. The moment I look into your eyes, you're just the man I love with all my heart," She babbled, making her points.

"What happened?" She looked behind, noticing Siddharth had suddenly stopped. He looked expressionless, but she knew better. He appeared calm, but his eyes told a whole different story.