Chapter 3 ~ My new temprory job~

I was now at my work station packing a few things. I was ordered to start my new duties from today.

I would still be getting normal work, but it wouldn't be long projects and not as many as before, but still I had quite a few tasks lined up.

And on top of that I would have to spend most of my day with Teucer, which I don't mind he seems like a sweet kid. It just means I'll have to get my work done during whatever free time I have.

Guess I'm going back to the no sleep days, yay.

I internally rolled my eyes.

"So I'm guessing you got special orders?" I hear Akio ask from his desk which is on the other side of mine.

"It's that obvious?" I reply with a question as I sigh.

He just laughs at my pain, what a good friend.

"Good luck y/n, I'll miss you" he says whilst still laughing.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not permanently leaving you know" I retort as I zip up my bag and turn off my computer.

"I know, but I'll be lonely. Who will I talk to now? Why does this have to happen to me" he dramatically expresses himself whilst pouting.

I just laugh at his behaviour, I could tell he was trying to cheer me up. He's always thinking about me, I wish he'd actually try and think about himself sometimes.

"Akio" I say his name sweetly which makes him stop and look at me.

He smiled waiting for me to talk.

"Stop being so dramatic, I'll call you later" I said changing to my normal tone, but slightly playful.

He sighed and gave me a small smile.

"See you later y/n, don't over work yourself" he bid me bye as he got back to work.

"You too" I said loud enough only for him to hear as I walked out of the large office and to the elevator.

To my surprise, when I get to the door I see Mr Childe standing there with Teucer, who was too busy looking around. But he stood there looking at me.

Did he see all of that?

I was just about to open my mouth to speak but he spoke first.

"We should get going" he said turning his back to me and walking, expecting me to follow. 

Which of course I do, we all walk onto the elevator together.

It was a pretty silent ride down, and to his house.

Teucer would be the only one to start a conversation and we'd only talk in response.

Then it be silent, though Teucer dosing seem affected by it so it's okay.

Wait why am I even at his house?

I suddenly thought snapping back to present time.

I turned to my boss with furrowed eyebrows and questioning eyes.

"I'll answer whatever questions you have when we get inside" he said, already knowing what my expression meant.

Of course I complied, it makes sense to start asking questions when Teucer settles down inside, plus he is my boss wouldn't want to put up too much of a fight and risk getting fired.

I thought as I sweat dropped and walked inside behind him.

"Is something the matter?" I heard Mr Childe ask has he turned his head back to face me.

"N-no" I replied caught off guard by his question, I'm telling you he has eyes at the back of his head.

~Inside his house~

I walked out of the living room and into the kitchen, as I was told to do.

I've only seen the downstairs but his house seems pretty nice, as I expected.

I mean come on he's the 11th harbinger he's obviously going to be living in a nice place.

But still, for the rich man he is I would expect something a little more extravagant.

His house wasn't too big or showy, it was modernly sized and designed.

But to be honest the more I thought about it the more it made sense, it suits him. He doesn't seem like the type who would over indulge or live in a huge mansion by him self.

I kept thinking on about him and his house until I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, I left my thoughts and looked towards the door.

Only to see Mr Childe walking in, with an exhausted look on his face. It didn't last long though because he covered it up with an emotionless smile.

"So what inquiries did you have?" He questioned getting straight to the point.

I decided not to question the look he had on his face, I don't want to get more involved than I already am.

Then again, I'm in his house. I'd say I'm pretty involved already.

"Why am I at your house?" I reply with a question.

He just looked at me unamused.

"Why? To look after Teucer of course" he replied looking so done with me.

"But why couldn't he just come to mine" I asked still trying to get him to let me at least work at my place.

"Y/n, all in good time. You'll be alternating between mine and your house quite often. No need to rush" he explained.

"Hu-" he cut off my sentence I could see he was irritated.

"Look, I'd rather anyone but you in this situation, you really annoy me. But there's nothing I can do since Teucer seems to like you. So stop asking so many questions and making it difficult for both of us, just do what your told" There it was again his cold tone, there was no feeling behind his words, he had a small smile plastered but it had no emotion behind it.

Totally different from the exhaustion I saw when he entered the room.

And with that he walked out of the kitchen not even letting me reply.

Fine then, if he wants me to just follow orders then that's what I'll do.

Does he think I want to be here with him?

Pfttt he's gravely mistaken.

I thought to myself kind of annoyed at his comments just now.

————————/A/n here—————————

Hi guys I know only a few chapters are out but I hope you like the story so far :)

If you are feel free to leave a little vote and comment 😼

And if you like the content then drop a follow :)

Stay tuned for the duration of this book

Love yall~~

(~~ yo girl A/n)

P.s. I know Teucer doesn't stay and he returns home to snezhnaya, but we need him here in the story. So, for content purposes he will remain for the time being <33

~And because come on who doesn't love him ~