Chapter 23 ~ plans?? ~

"Heyy y/n !!!" I hear a cheerful voice greet me.

"Heyy Kaori!!" I reply with a smile.

"Ughhhh I'm sooooooooooo tired" Kaori complains as she slides on her chair.

"Ahahaha same here" Akio intervenes.

I just shake my head at them as I sit at my desk.

I thought about yesterday's events.

But I definitely felt better today, which now makes me feel unsure of the conclusion I came to.

I Mean just because I got a little flustered over the fact that a man was stood a few centimetres away from me and literally breathing on me, doesn't mean I like him.

Anyone would be flustered in that situation, where a conventionally attractive guy was up in your face I mean come on.

"Y/n, in my office" I hear as I look up as I see Childe already walking back to his office.

"Guess that's my cue" I sigh as I get up.

The other two giggle as I walk away miserably.

For god sake, just leave me alone at least for a day.

I thought as I walked into his office.

"Yes sir?" I emphasise as I look at him.

"Y/n, can I ask you a serious question" he says as he looks up his full attention on me.

"G-go ahead" I responded feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Do you not like me?" He asked completely serious.

It went silent, it didn't reply straight away.

What kind of question is that? I honestly felt like laughing I don't even know how to respond to that.

But I felt good, because I didn't freeze up, or question my feelings meaning what I felt yesterday wasn't anything special.

I slowly spread a huge smile across my face before I burst into laughter, half from relief and half because of that question.

He raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"What's so funny?" He asks.

"Nothing, sorry" I reply as I quickly compose myself, still smiling like an idiot.

"Yes very much so" I respond to his question with a large grin on my face.

"I see" he responds shortly as he holds his hands together and leans on his desk.

"If that's all I'll be off" I say as I smile.

"Yes, just come back at lunchtime so we can go through a few things" he says as he looks down and starts signing some papers.

I walk back to the others and take a seat at my designated spot.

I look up at Kaori who's working diligently and give a small smile, now I don't have to be that bad friend.

"Is something wrong?" Kaori asks innocently as she catches me staring at her.

"No nothing at all" I reply as I warmly smile.

"Hey girls, now that you've had your little moment would you mind hearing me out?"

"Um Akio, no one was even ignoring in the first place" I retort as I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say" he responds by rolling his eyes back at me.

"So what do you want to suggest?" Kaori giggles as she watches the both of us.

"So listen up, we're all tired and I mean absolutely EXHAUSTED so I was thinking why don't we all go somewhere together" he suggested enthusiastically.

"What like the park?" I ask confused as to what he meant.

He hits me in the head and then puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Y/n, please for one second try and use your brain" he says quite close to my face as he gives me a blank look.

"Ohohohohoh I get you! Like a trip to somewhere a mini vacation?!?!?" She says as she squeals.

"Bingo" he says as he points at Kaori with his free hand still holding my next to him.

"Sounds interesting, hope I'm invited" we hear a voice from behind us and we both turn around to look.

"Touma, you want to come??" Akio asks kind of surprised

"Why wouldn't I? Sounds like fun, right?" He says the last bit as he looks at me and gives a small unreadable smile.

"Mhm" I respond and smile.

I can already tell this is going to be a blast.

"And Mr Childe is invited to right?" Touma adds as he looks at me intensely.

"U-um, why would I know" I reply feeling out in the spot.

"Oh, you're not" Touma pauses mid sentence.

He the puts his hand over his mouth and lets out a small laugh.

"Sorry sorry, my bad. I thought that you and Mr Childe we're more than just colleagues." He explains as he continues to laugh.

From the corner of my eye I can see Kaori's expression change to a serious one, I don't think she liked what she heard.

"No it's not like that" she's quick to clear up.

"Oh, what's this?" Touma's stops laughing and re gains his composure.

"So you like Mr Childe then?" Touma asks looking amused.

Well I'm guessing he knows, but is playing around.

"No it's not like that" she says trying to cover for herself.

"Who likes who?" We hear someone else's voice intervene.

And it's none other than Childe himself.

Kaori's face drops, as she goes bright pink.

Childe looks at us clueless waiting for me to fill him in.

"Nothing really, we were just talking about how me and y/n like each other. Isn't that right y/n" Touma randomly blurts and looks at me for verification.

WHAT??!

What does he think he's doing, I don't like anyone and even if I did it's definitely not him.

Ugh, I internally sigh.

Whatever it doesn't mean anything anyway, all I've got to do is agree so I can cover for Kaori, it's not like it means anything.

"Yeah pretty much" I say nonchalantly.

Childe's expression changes to an unreadable one for a second and then changes back to normal.

"Ah I see, so this is what's disrupting you from working?" He asks all of us.

"Ahh sorry" we all say in sync

"Maybe you should come back into my office y/n" he suggests.

I just stay silent, waiting for him to finish scolding me.

"What are you waiting for? Come on then" he says ushering me to get up.

I've barely even worked out here??!!

What is with this guy and his mood swings.

Luckily I didn't take all my things, I knew something like this would eventually happen.

We both walked down to his office whilst the others got back to work.

"When we get inside, tell me what you were really discussing" he shortly says as he opens the door.