Chapter 6 ~ Sleepless night ~

After I got home, I headed to my dining table, opened my laptop and got straight to work.

I fell asleep an hour before my usual wake up time, but I managed to get everything done before showing up today.

I felt accomplished.

Though I was tired and I knew I had a lot ahead of me today.

I was sitting at my desk, typing away whilst struggling to keep my eyes open.

"You good?" Akio asked sounding kind of concerned.

"Hm, yeah I'm fine why?" I responded a little late, due to reduction in reaction time.

"You literally look like a zombie" he said, honestly.

"Wow, thanks for the complement" I sarcastically replied.

"No y/n I'm being serious, you look sleep deprived. You should actually go get some rest" he suggested as he scooted over to my side with  his chair.

"Is it that obvious?" I questioned looking at him, who was now sitting next to me.

"Yeah, what have you been doing?" He asked.

"Nothing special, I've just a pile of assignments" I sigh and rub the side of my head as I spoke.

He held my arm and gently moved it away, putting his other hand on my forehead.

"You haven't got a temperature" he confirms.

I smiled at him, it's really sweet that he cares that much for me.

"Thanks, it's okay I'll definitely sleep today" I assure him, I don't want to get him to worried.

"That's a relief, I'd actually come to your house and make sure you did otherwise" he said half joking and half serious.

"I wouldn't put it past you" I responded and laughed at his response.

But as we were having our usual jokey sort of conversation, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched.

As Akio was talking, I scanned my surroundings. My eyes stopped at Mr Childe's office.

I saw him looking through the glass wall of his office, directly at me.

I couldn't tell what he was feeling, it was more of a blank stare.

When we saw me look at him with furrowed eyebrows, he casually looked away and carried on working.

"Y/n, did you hear what I said?" I suddenly hear Akio's voice again.

"H-huh, sorry could you repeat that?" I sheepishly ask, feeling bad that I wasn't paying attention.

He just laughs, then sighs.

"You really need to get some sleep" as he says that he smiles and scoots back to his side, carrying on with his work.

I just give him a small smile and look back at my computer screen.

A few seconds later I hear my phone ring, the number wasn't saved.

Who could be calling me at this time?

It's probably one of those random calls, thinking that I ignored my ringing phone.

But as soon as the call ended, my phone started ringing again.

Still being kind of confused I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke in a confused tone.

"Y/n, come to my office." I hear a familiar voice on the other end. 

"Sir?" I questioned in a confused tone.

How did he get my number I didn't give it to him.

"Yes?" He asked, waiting for a response.

"Never mind, I'll be there soon" and with that I hung up.

I got up from my chair and started walking to his office.

As I was walking over to his office I saved his number as 'Mr Childe'

When I was faced with his door, I opened it without knocking, because that's what he asked me to do last time.

I saw him look up from his desk and at me, he nodded at me and gestured for me to have a seat.

I blinked intensely for a second, what's going on?

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask concerned, as I generally had no clue as to why I was summoned.

"Do I look peeved" He said smoothly.

"N-no" I answered feeling relieved.

"Is everything complete?" He asked as he closed his laptop, diving straight into the work of things.

I'm not even surprised he didn't ask how I am, but still I wouldn't have hurt him to.

"Yes, I've done everything I needed to" I replied efficiently, not wanting to tire myself in needless conversation.

"Hm" I gave a dismissive hum.

He got off his chair and started packing his things.

I just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do as he hadn't dismissed me.

Why does he always do this, it's like he enjoys putting me in these difficult and uncomfortable situations.

I thought as the room was silent and all I could hear was the rustling of his things.

"Ive done all the work I needed to for today" he suddenly spoke, looking in my direction.

"O-okay" I reply in an awkward tone, not knowing why he was telling me this.

I just hear him chuckle.

"Y/n, I find you very strange sometimes" he said as he sighs.

I just furrow my eyebrows, he has a tendency to make strange comments so I let it slide. Not trying to start an argument or anything.

"Naturally, you'll be accompanying me today" he asserted, with a tiny grin.

"But you won't need me today for Teucer" I retort, just because he has nothing to do today doesn't mean I'm free.

Besides if he is free then there's no need for me to be there.

"This is part of your work may I remind you" he 'kindly' reminds me with a cold smile.

"But sir, I have a lot to do today" I try and protest.

"I'll drop by your desk in 10min, make sure you're ready to leave by then" he establishes as he gestures his hand towards the door, dismissing me.

I sigh loudly, not caring at this point if he heard. I'm just so tired. And he's not listening to anything I'm saying. How ignorant can he be.

I walked out of his office not even trying it with him.

I shut the door louder than usual, at this point I'm to tired to care, but at the same time subconsciously hoping that he lets this slide.

I walk over to my desk, and start to pack up.

"Let me guess, gotta go?" Akio says un surprised.

I just nod slightly, not in the mood to talk.

Not that I'm mad at Akio of course.

He understood what I meant though and dryly chuckled.

"Have fun" he said as he got back to his own work.

"Thanks" I sarcastically said as I slightly roll my eyes.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate Teucer, in fact I love spending time with him. I just hate his brother.

But lately I've been having to spend more time with him, even after all the measures I've taken to avoid him.

I just wish it would stop.