Chapter 31 ~Start of the day ~

"Uwaahhhhhhhh" I yawn loudly and stretch my arms. I look to my side and see Kaori sound asleep.

Looks like we slept on the floor for the first night. I thought and then deeply sighed as I felt terrible pains in my back and thighs.

Oh I'm not looking forward to this.

After I put a pillow under kaori's head and cover her with a blanket I decide to head to the toilet to freshen up.

I look at the time.

6:00am

Well at least I know no one will be up, after I freshen up I should have a look around whilst it's all quiet.

~ After freshening up~

I walk out of my room and close the door behind me.

I then walk down the hallway. Childe and Akio's room is right opposite ours and Touma's is all the way in the other end of the corridor.

As I walk away from my room towards the stairs I see a patio on my right, I look towards it and see the sky.

It's still nice and dark.

I let out a small smile.

I walk towards it and open it as quietly as I can then close it behind me.

I take a deep breath as I inhale the nice fresh morning air.

I walk closer towards the edge of the large balcony and I see the back garden area, it's very pretty.

There's a little pond on the left and there are nicely planted flowers around it.

There's cute benches and some trees, all in all I'd say they did an amazing job.

To top it all off there was a nice thin layer of frost coating the whole garden, it looked like something out of a fairy tail.

I blow out into the air as I see my own breath in the form of water vapor.

Come to think of it, it's a bit chilly out here. I hug my arms as I continue to take in the freshness of the morning.

When all of a sudden I feel somthing warm and heavy in my shoulders.

I stop my train of thought.

From my peripheral vision I see that a long coat has been put on my shoulders.

"It's quite nice at this time of day isn't it" I hear someone say as they sigh.

I immediately recognise that voice.

I don't respond, as I'm heavily conflicted.

"Don't worry, I won't try anything" he adds as he now walks next to me and leans on the balcony railings.

"Okay" I respond with a small smile and look in the other direction.

"So why are you up at this time?" He asks trying to initiate a conversation with me.

I stay quiet trying to think of what to say to keep the conversation brief.

"Couldn't sleep" is all I said as I continued to look way from him.

He deeply sighs then stands up tall and walks towards me closing the gap between us.

He puts his finger under my chin and forces me to look in his direction, looking directly into my eyes.

"Y/n, please tell me what I've done to annoy you this time" he genuinely says.

"Y-you haven't annoyed me" I defensively say as I take a step back from him.

"So then why are you constantly avoiding me? Is it because of what I did on the plane? If so I apologise" he sincerely says whilst still looking at me.

No no this is not how it's supposed to go, stop being nice to me.

Stop it, we're supposed to hate each other.

If you carry on Like this things will get messy for sure

"I just like being alone in the mornings" I replied smiling at him.

The more I run the more he'll chase so the best thing to do is to have brief normal conversations with him.

"Alright then let's be alone together" he says with a smile.

I accidentally giggle and then suddenly stop myself.

"That doesn't make any sense" I state the obvious.

"Yes it does" he argues

"No it doesn't" I say making a weirded out face.

"It does" he shortly says as he then walks to the patio and briefly goes inside.

I see him pull the curtains, closing them. Then coming back out and closing the patio.

"Now we can be alone together" softly says as he lowers his tone.

I look at him and I feel my heart beat faster, he looked great first thing in the morning.

I can't do this.

"Childe I've got to go" I say breaking myself out of the atmosphere.

I walk away when I feel my arm being grabbed.

"Y/n, please don't do this. I'm sorry for whatever I've done" he frustratedly says.

"It's nothing lik-" but I get interrupted

"Then what is it? Why do you always try and run away do you really despise me that much?" He asks

"Why are you being nice to me" I ignore his question and get right down to it.

He doesn't say anything, he then let's go of my arm.

"Is there a problem? Do you want me to be rude? Is that like your kink or something?" He replies with a question.

"Um first of all no, I don't have a weird kink like that" I reply turning around to face him looking offended.

"So what's your kink then?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

"Not the point" I look at him with a straight face.

"I just want to know the reason" I reply looking down

"I'm just treating you how I treat everyone else" he replies with a kind smile.

It's the first time I've ever seen him smile like that.

I look at him with a warm expression.

"I'll see you later Childe" I shortly say as I walk out closing the patio behind me.