Chapter 11 ~ Back to enemies? ~

I yawned as I opened the door to my new office, well half my office I guess.

As I opened the door I saw Childe already standing inside.

His head quickly turned to my direction, and for once I saw a very slight trace of surprise in his eyes, which quickly left.

" Your early" he gave a sarcastic remark.

"Yeah it's like 6am, what did you need?" I yawned again, tired from waking up early.

Before I didn't have to be in until 8.

"You have to be available to me remember? If you can't handle that let me know, I'll gladly switch you out" he said a little colder than usual and turned away from me.

Was I getting to much for him to handle? I gave a confused look and went to sit at my desk.

"I need to go somewhere, I've left the instructions of what you have to do on the desk" he stated as he put on his blazer and walked out the door shutting it behind him.

I look at the door kind of shocked at the way he spoke to me. He's usually rude but he's really not trying to converse today.

I then turned to look at the plies of paper on my desk, I guess I better get to it then.

With that I get typing.

The office starts to fill up, as it reaches 12:00 everyone gets up to take their lunch break.

I get up and stretch, damn that was long. I feel like shit right now.

Just then I hear a knock.

"Come in!" I yell as I turn my body to now a face the door.

"Y/n!! How you doing!!!" I hear Akio shout and put his arms up. My face suddenly changes into a smile.

He changed my whole mood in an instant.

"Way better now that your here" I give him a reliving smile.

"Ohhhh stop it" he says as he slaps his hand in the air.

"No seriously" I say as I walk over to give him a tight hug, he responds.

"Where's Kaori?" I asked wanting to know.

"Oh, she went somewhere with Mr childe" he said as we broke the hug.

What?

I gave him slight confused look.

"They should be back though, she said they should be back around this time" he explained as he gave a small smile.

"Oh right" I reply replying with a smile, although I didn't mean it.

So first he was rude to me, then he goes off somewhere with Kaori?

It's not the fact that they went somewhere together, it's just aren't I supposed to be his assistant? So why does she need her?

I have to admit I didn't feel happy about this, it just made me feel a little useless as he couldn't ask me, his assistant to help.

He must not think of me as that dependable then.

"Y/N HellOOOO!" I suddenly hear Akio's voice as he waves his hand in my face.

"H-huh" I say as I snap back into reality

"You good?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, when suddenly he makes a face of realisation.

"Don't tell me your jealous!!" He says whilst making a shocked face and putting his hand in front of his mouth.

"NO IDIOT!" I suddenly yelled at his claim and gave him a light slap in his chest.

"I understand it's your lunch break but please don't flirt in the entrance of my office" I suddenly hear another voice, I look in the direction it came from and see Childe standing there with his cold stare.

"S-sorry sir" I replied as I stepped aside with Akio.

He walked in and paused halfway towards his desk, looking back at me.

"Have you eaten yet?" He questioned

"No I was just about to-" but I didn't get to finish my sentence.

"Perfect, Akio be on your way" he stated and gave his signature smile.

"But sir me and Y/n are going-" he got interrupted.

"I'm afraid Y/n won't be able to join you today, maybe next time" he explained.

Akio looked at me giving me a strange look, of course not wanting to argue he liked back at Childe and nodded.

As he walked out he looked in my direction.

"I'll see you after work I guess" he cheerily said whilst waving me bye.

"See ya then!!" I replied smiling.

Akio walks out and shuts the door.

What's this guys problem.

I look at Childe waiting for him to speak.

"Have you completed your work?" He asked as he sighed and walked over to my desk.

"Halfway through, though I may need to work slight over time it should definitely all be done today" I report professionally.

"Hm well not the best use of timings but I'll have to let you off it is your first time after all" he nods as he speaks.

"Sir" I say after building up some courage.

"Hm" he responds, turning to look at me making direct eye contact.

His expression was blank, not angry but not happy either.

"Are you sure you want me as your assistant?" I asked then breaking eye contact with him.

I could feel his stare still on me, he took time to reply so I looked at him again.

He gave a small smile.

"I doesn't have to be you Y/n, if you'd like to resign you may. I offered out of availability." He kept his smile and spoke seriously.

So he doesn't care for me as an employee then, whata shame just when I was beginning to think he wasn't all bad.

Whatever.

"I know, I was just checking" I replied.

"Anything else? Your eyes tell me you have more questions" he inquired and spoke in a curious tone.

"Ahem, no nothing, can I go eat?" I ask holding in my real question.

"Sure, be back on time though" he dismissed me as he went to sit at his desk.

I walked out and closed the door behind me.

I have a deep sigh, I really wanted to ask him about Kaori but I couldn't bring myself too.

Would he rather have her as his assistant, it's strange but I really wanted to know how he was feeling. 

It's probably because you can never tell his true emotions, I'm just curious about them.

How does he actually feel?

I thought about the work I needed to get done when I got back as I alleles over to my old desk.

I saw Akio and Kaori laughing and talking, I felt kind of reminiscent of the times when I was still working in this sector.

"Y/n!! Long time no see" Kaori giggles and waves snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Heyyy what's up!!" I smile and wave back.

Little did I know A certain someone's eyes were on me as I walked to sit down.