Chapter 10 ~ Well this was unexpected~

"Take a seat y/n" Childe instructed as he took as seat in his chair himself.

I complied and took a seat in front of him, I felt really uneasy due to the fact I didn't know what I'd be doing from here on out.

I mean I know he doesn't particularly like me, but am I really going to be left jobless because of petty work disagreements.

I internally face palm, I guess it's time to start looking for new jobs.

It was silent for a while, he was scrolling though his laptop. I'm guessing to send important emails?

"So, has Teucer gotten home safely?" I ask deciding to break the silence, generally wanting to know.

He looked up from his screen and gave one of his usual smiles.

"He's almost home now" he stated then closed his laptop.

I just nodded and sighed.

"Look-" but I didn't even get to talk as I had been interrupted.

"Y/n, your not 'fired' or anything like that so please just relax already. You've been so tense I could laugh" he stays mockingly and generally laughing at my misery.

I rolled my eyes at his remarks. So he knew what I was thinking, huh?

"So what am I going to do now? You literally gave away my position." I retorted annoyed at his stunt.

He laughed and gave his charming smile.

"You're quite lively today, I see" he coaxed.

I just gave him a death glare in response, he shook his head whilst his laughter died down.

"Think of it as a promotion, you've been appointed to be my assistant." He explained seriously.

"H-huh?" I replied shocked, not expecting his words.

He listed his eyebrows and looked at me in a confused way.

"Aren't you happy?" He questioned, with slight sarcasm present in his tone.

I didn't reply instead just looked at him confused. He took a deep sigh.

"I was looking for an assistant anyway. I can't be doing this much paper work I have other duties outside the office. Originally Kaori was supposed to be that said assistant. However because Teucer was attached to you, I decided to switch you and kaori's roles. That way you'd be able to stay by Teucer whilst do your job" he gave me a detailed description, whilst playing with his pen and leaning forward on his desk.

"But Teucer is gone now" I replied, not seeing the point of me taking this job if the sole reason is now out of the picture.

"Ahhhhhhh, Y/n you are the most difficult employee I've ever had to deal with in my life" he loudly huffed and suddenly leaned back in his chair massaging the side of his head.

"Listen up, the pay is significantly higher than your old job but if you still want to-" I didn't let him finish his sentence.

"I'll take it" I responded fast.

He chuckled at my response.

"I knew I'd win you over with mentioning the pay" he gave a side smile.

"We'll I  have to see you more than I used to, I should get compensated" I muttered to myself.

His eyes widened and he burst out laughing extremely loudly.

"Y/n, you are a funny character indeed. Most people would love to be within my presence and here you are constantly complaining about being around me" he humorously stated.

"Just explain my job description already." I looked down kind of embarrassed that he heard what I said.

He then got to explaining, long story short it wasn't too different to what I used to do. However I'd just be communicating with him way more and I'd also know more important information.

I'd have to take over quite a few of his written tasks including reports and I'd also have to help him when he called for it.

So I was required to work around the clock really, I needed to be available to him.

It sounded like a very taxing job, but the pay rise was large. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I heard what I would be getting compared to my old amount.

It could help me out quite a lot.

Plus, if there was one thing I knew about Childe it's that he was extremely serious when it came to work affairs, so I'd be okay.

Well, when we are working at least.

"Okay sounds good" I agree after heading the details.

"Perfect, oh and y/n you will share an office with me." He stated as he got up and walked over to the drawers full of paper.

"Wait what" I exclaimed worriedly, as I stood up.

I'm not sure how much more of him I can handle, let alone work in the same room as him on a daily basis.

"Sorry?" He looked at me as he raised his eyebrows giving me the 'say that again' expression.

"Where do I sit?" I sighed as I gave in, I don't want to get on his actual bad side after all.

"Ah that's more like it, right there" he said pointing

I turned my head to look to the direction he was pointing at.

I saw my desk, opposite his, it wasn't too big it was just the right size.

"If you need sometimes, you will also be able to use my desk" he added.

"Yeah, no thanks" I muttered under my breath, I assumed he didn't hear because I got no reaction from him.

Phew, close one.

"I'll give you today to unpack and set up, we can discuss the rest tomorrow" he gave me his icy smile and then carried on typing away.

I took that as my dismissal signal and got up to set my stuff up.

Guess I'm stuck here for a while, I thought as the room only filled sound of his hands on the keyboard and the occasional sounds of me placing things and taking things out.

We didn't talk at all after that, he didn't even look up at me to see how I was doing, his face was serious and he was focused. I could see him bite his lip occasionally but he still had that same emotionless look on his face.

what a strange man, I thought feeling kind of curious about him.