Chapter 7~ Amusement park~

"Brother, why can't we go see your toy factory!!" Teucer whines from the back seat in the car.

"Teucer I've told you, now is not the right time. Everyone is busy, it's a little hectic due to high toy sales at this time of the year." Mr Childe explains whilst focusing on the road.

I just sit there third wheeling as I listen to their conversation.

By now I'm pretty much used to it, I ignore the out of place feeling and look outside the window waiting to arrive wherever.

To be honest I didn't even know where we were headed.

I was enjoying my lack of involvement when I suddenly heard Teucer mention my name, in their conversation.

"But brother, how comes Y/n is off?" Teucer asks trying to find holes in his brothers reasonings.

I look straight into the middle mirror in the car and see Teucer's desperate expression.

Dang he really wants to go to this so called toy factory.

"Ah where do you learn this cheekiness from, your beginning to remind me of someone" he gives a small laugh as he looks at me through the middle mirror in the car.

As I hear what he says, I unintentionally zone in making direct eye contact though the mirror, but quickly break it by looking outside.

"Why don't you tell him y/n, he wants to know your reasoning for being off" he suddenly drops smugly as he returns his gaze ahead.

I give him a quick glare, even though he doesn't look at me I can tell he gets the message as his expression grows more complacent.

I give a small sigh knowing I can't get myself out of this one.

"Well, you see I-um" I trail off as I nervously try and cover for why I'm off.

If I had the guts I'd expose him right now, but the consequences would not be ideal.

Getting fired would be the best outcome, the worst and more likely outcome would be him coming to end me.

If I wasn't put on the spot like this then I could easily think of something, but in this moment my mind is drawing a blank.

I definitely need to get him back for the suffering he's been putting me through lately.

"Well" I repeat as I'm still trying to accumulate a believable excuse.

"Don't be shy y/n, tell him" he ushers me in the fakest friendly tone ever, not that Teucer would notice though.

"Ha ha..tell him what?" I replied through my teeth.

"Well, Y/n here is a little shy so I'll tell you instead." Mr Childe says in a kind tone, but I can hear the subtle sarcasm in his voice.

I sit up restless, waiting to hear his excuse.

"She's actually in love with me" he blurts out in a believing tone.

I see from the mirror that Teucers mouth drops in innocent shock.

I widen my eyes and turn my head straight into Mr Childes direction.

What is this man saying?!!?!

Just when I was about to open my mouth Tecuer spoke.

"But, why does that give her permission to be off work?" He questions believing everything coming out of his brothers mouth.

"Well Teucer, she's requested time off at the same times as me, she wants to be with me all the time" he falsely explains feeding his lies further to the clueless boy.